Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: p.alivisatos on November 25, 2007, 07:24:08 pm

Title: files disappear from lightroom
Post by: p.alivisatos on November 25, 2007, 07:24:08 pm
Files in my Lightroom database appear and disappear for a reason I do not understand.  Just now I was editing a set of files.  I closed the library, and then re-opened a short while later, and the folder I was working in (as well as many but not all others in the library) appears to be empty, with zero files in the database.  The files are still present on the hard drive.  Any advice would be much appreciated.  Paul
Title: files disappear from lightroom
Post by: p.alivisatos on November 25, 2007, 10:17:56 pm
Please disregard.  It turns out there were two databases, and the old one was set to be the default.  

Quote
Files in my Lightroom database appear and disappear for a reason I do not understand.  Just now I was editing a set of files.  I closed the library, and then re-opened a short while later, and the folder I was working in (as well as many but not all others in the library) appears to be empty, with zero files in the database.  The files are still present on the hard drive.  Any advice would be much appreciated.  Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155938\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: files disappear from lightroom
Post by: kaelaria on November 25, 2007, 10:29:50 pm
EDIT nevermind - I was typing before you replied
Title: files disappear from lightroom
Post by: ErikKaffehr on November 26, 2007, 01:20:36 pm
Hi!

You can make any number of snapshots in the "develop module" and go back and forth between them.

Best regards

Erik


Quote
Please disregard.  It turns out there were two databases, and the old one was set to be the default.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155987\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]