Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: andrewparker on November 21, 2007, 04:21:38 am

Title: Lightroom with Photoshop CS2?
Post by: andrewparker on November 21, 2007, 04:21:38 am
Can anyone tell me of any reason why the latest version of Lightroom should have any problems running alongside Photoshop CS2?

The reason I ask this is that when I discovered that if I wanted to upgrade Photoshop to CS3 from Creative Suite CS2 I was told by Adobe that I would have to pay for an upgrade of the entire CS2 suite, or buy Photoshop again. So I decided to stick with CS2 as I have no particular need for any new features, except for the latest version of ACR.  I don't need the other software in Creative Suite professionally.

I do like Lightroom however, and find I am already making significantly better raw conversions with the 30 day tryout than I was previously with ACR in CS2.

I'm happy to buy Lightroom, which seems good value to me, but I don't see why I should buy Photoshop all over again just to upgrade it- hence the unusual question.

Andrew Parker

www.bluewindow.co.uk
Title: Lightroom with Photoshop CS2?
Post by: John S C on November 21, 2007, 04:45:10 am
Andrew

For 7-8 months I ran Lightroom with the Photoshop CS without any problem.

I only upgraded to CS3 to gain some additional functionality that was in CS3 and not in CS2 or CS

If you don't need any of the new features why upgrade?

John C
Title: Lightroom with Photoshop CS2?
Post by: sniper on November 21, 2007, 04:58:05 am
We have Cs2 running with lightroom on one of the office computers, there hasn't been any conflicts I know of.  Wayne