Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: tived on November 18, 2007, 06:09:40 pm
-
Hi everyone,
I am in a bit of a dilemma, my iOne Display2, gives me the following error message "could not activate profile for the monitor"
what am I doing wrong
Windows XP x64
latest Eye One Match 3.6.2
thanks
Henrik
-
Hi everyone,
I am in a bit of a dilemma, my iOne Display2, gives me the following error message "could not activate profile for the monitor"
what am I doing wrong
Windows XP x64
latest Eye One Match 3.6.2
thanks
Henrik
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153968\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Here are some thoughts that come to mind.
If you're using Photoshop, check that the Adobe Gamma Loader (I think that what it was called) isn't in the startup folder - it might be interfering with your own monitor profile by loading its own version. I only mention this because every time I've installed or upgraded Photoshop, it's put the loader in startup and screwed up my monitor calibration. I'm only on PS CS so Adobe may have fixed this for later versions.
Is Eye One Match supported on XP x64?
Are you running it in an administrator user, or a user in the administrators group? If not, it might just be a permissions problem. I think Windows XP x64 is a bit more fussy about permissions that XP x86. Add your user to the administrators group if it's not already there.
Try looking at the current profile assigned to your monitor. If it's not the one you want, remove the assignment. To find this out, right-click on desktop, select properties, settings tab, advanced, color management tab, and you'll see the default monitor profile (if any). You can use the buttons to add or remove profiles to/from this list, and nominate one as the default.
HTH
Alan
-
Hi Alan,
thanks for responding.
I don't have Adobe Gamma loader in my startup! yes, fallen for that one before ;-)
EyeOne is supported on x64, and I am logged in as Admin.
I have reinstalled my drivers and all, but still, something have suddenly changed when I replaced the monitors to a couple of older once while using the main ones elsewhere.
I am really puzzled by this, I get this error messege "An error occurred while associating _______ this is not a valid color profile"
anyway, thanks very much for coming to my rescue
Henrik
-
You might try updating the drivers. The latest version for Vista was released a little while back,also covered XP( not sure about XP64) may help.
Have you tried using an older profile to see if you get the same message?
Have you looked in the settings option to see if the system is selecting the correct Monitor
Just some thoughts that may be of use
Cheers
John C
-
Hi Alan,
thanks for responding.
I don't have Adobe Gamma loader in my startup! yes, fallen for that one before ;-)
EyeOne is supported on x64, and I am logged in as Admin.
I have reinstalled my drivers and all, but still, something have suddenly changed when I replaced the monitors to a couple of older once while using the main ones elsewhere.
I am really puzzled by this, I get this error messege "An error occurred while associating _______ this is not a valid color profile"
anyway, thanks very much for coming to my rescue
Henrik
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=154297\")
OK, try downloading & installing the Microsoft Color Control Panel Applet for Windows XP
[a href=\"http://tinyurl.com/btp3d]http://tinyurl.com/btp3d[/url]
This supposedly enables you to dynamically load the video LUT data from a profile to a monitor. If this works on 64-bit Windows, it would at least give you an independent way to validate your profile.
Another thought - if your profiling software gives you a choice between ICC version 4 profiles and ICC version 2 profiles, try the v2 format.
-
thanks Alan,
I'll give it a shot - I am not sure if iMatch software will give me a choice. I will run through the profiling again!
its a PITA
thanks for helping me out
Henrik
-
tried to download 5five times and it the page keeps timing out
I tried profiling again and I got in the end the message
"could not activate profile for monitor"
I am not a happy camper :-(
thanks
Henrik
-
tried to download 5five times and it the page keeps timing out
I tried profiling again and I got in the end the message
"could not activate profile for monitor"
I am not a happy camper :-(
thanks
Henrik
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154538\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm not running XP anymore, but have you checked see if your profile has been put in the correct folder so that the monitor knows were to look?
-
I'm not running XP anymore, but have you checked see if your profile has been put in the correct folder so that the monitor knows were to look?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154551\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
hi Keith,
thanks - no I haven't checked, but I don't think I have moved anything or I can think of what would have moved the profiles - windows can see them, it just won't apply them or recognise them, for the lack of a better term
thanks
Henrik
-
Hi Henrik and all of you here!
Did you, Henrik, managed to resolve your issue with "Could not activate profile for the monitor" error? I know that this thread is really old but I wasn't sure if to start a new one since our problem at studio is 1:1 as yours:
It was couple of months since last time I calibrated NEC MultiSync LCD 2690WUXi (I know, not good practice, should be more regular). Today I did the calibration with X-rite eye-one Pro on Eye-One Match version 3.6.2, the same device, software and monitor as last calibration couple of months ago. All went good until the mentioned error popped out. Also I'm not able to set the .icc profile through windows display settings and even more interesting - some of the old calibrated profiles I cannot set as well instead windows is giving a message: "An error occoured while associating _______.icc. This is not a valid color profile." Though Qimage accepted the monitor profile and did not gave any errors.
I read the thread - the Adobe Gamma Loader is switched off at startup, I have tried both ICC specification versions 2 and 4 and both monitor profile sizes. I've tried these settings in various combinations. I am calibrating as admin user and nor I have XP 64bit version. I use XP 32bit, SP3, SAPPHIRE RADEON X300SE graphic card.
Any tip will be highly appreciated,
Thanks
Janis