Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: kevraber on November 17, 2007, 10:01:08 am
-
Well, after having the print module crash with Lightroom 1.2 and Adobe saying they were releasing a new version for Leopard I thought my troubles would go away, Seems 1.3 Lightroom will still crash Lightroom when trying to use Print settings or Print command. I use a 4800 attached by USB> Photoshop prints fine now and so does Imageprint but Lightroom crashes every-time I try to use these commands. On the Adobe site blog, Tom says there is an issue and prewview window should be minimized, well at least on machine that doesn't help one bit. So I am out of commission until this gets fixed. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
-
I've had no such crashes printing under 10.5.1 and LR 1.3. I think there's something else going on.
-
Likewise - I've had no crashes. I did do the backup/integrity check before installing 1.3 and repaired permissions after. Don't know if that's relevant - but see the cautions on Adobe's site before you install 1.3.
Bill
-
Ok, Here is what I found out so if anyone has the same set up they can either see if it happens to them or they will know how to fix it. I work with a G5 with a 30 inch monitor. When LR fills the whole screen and I try to print it crashes. By shrinking the window to one fourth the size or say that of a 15 inch size laptop I have no issues. I have laos had to close the layout window in the upper left portion of the app. So, bottom line is LR doesn't like to print with a big monitor.
-
So, bottom line is LR doesn't like to print with a big monitor.
This might just be a 10.5.X issue or maybe a PowerPC Mac issue, since I have a 30" Cinema Display and an Intel Mac Pro running 10.4.X and have no problems printing from Lightroom with an image displayed at full screen resolution.
-
I have no problem printing with Lightroom (v 1.3) and Mac OS X 10.5.1. I'm also using PowerMac G5 with a 30" Cinema Display, ATI X800XT video card. Printing on Epson printers works fine. I'm also using "full screen" setup in Lightroom.
Do you use a NVidia or ATI video card? I'm asking because some crashes (system crash or hang) happen only with ATI 8x0 XT cards (like fast user switching, refreshing widgets etc…).
One thing that you could try is to reduce - for testing only - display resolution to something like 2048 x 1536 and see if Lightroom crashes.
Is there any error messages or crash logs available?
-
Really don't want to be pedantic but doesn't Michael have enough to do without having to redirect threads to the correct place? Shouldn't this be under LR?
-
Really don't want to be pedantic but doesn't Michael have enough to do without having to redirect threads to the correct place? Shouldn't this be under LR?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154348\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, you're right... It should be in the LR Q&A questions.