Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Schewe on November 16, 2007, 12:35:48 am

Title: Adobe Updates Camera Raw to Version 4.3 and Lightr
Post by: Schewe on November 16, 2007, 12:35:48 am
See: Adobe Updates Camera Raw to Version 4.3 and Lightroom to 1.3 (http://photoshopnews.com/2007/11/15/adobe-updates-camera-raw-to-version-43-and-lightroom-to-13/)

Also included is Adobe DNG Converter 4.3.

Oh, poop...I can't seem to edit the darn title (which I screwed up in copy/paste)

Sorry...
Title: Adobe Updates Camera Raw to Version 4.3 and Lightr
Post by: wolfnowl on November 16, 2007, 02:12:31 am
Thanks Jeff!

Mike.

(I wouldn't worry about the title... people will be too busy playing with the new toys to notice)
Title: Adobe Updates Camera Raw to Version 4.3 and Lightr
Post by: Wayne Fox on November 16, 2007, 03:52:20 am
"This update also brings OS X 10.5 compatibility with Apple’s new Leopard OS which itself was updated today to 10.5.1."

Yeah!
Title: Adobe Updates Camera Raw to Version 4.3 and Lightr
Post by: sniper on November 16, 2007, 04:25:36 am
I'm getting a 404 error page not found, I tried the adobe site but can only find the 1.1 update.   Wayne
Title: Adobe Updates Camera Raw to Version 4.3 and Lightr
Post by: John S C on November 16, 2007, 05:04:25 am
I got the same 404 error.

However I went to the Adobe site and downloaded Lightroom Ver 3  from there.

Cheers
John C
Title: Adobe Updates Camera Raw to Version 4.3 and Lightr
Post by: sniper on November 16, 2007, 05:41:45 am
The liks on the adobe page take me to update 1.1, wheres 1.3 for windows?   Wayne
Title: Adobe Updates Camera Raw to Version 4.3 and Lightr
Post by: Wayne Fox on November 16, 2007, 05:51:53 am
Just a note, the metadata change seems to be working well.  I turned on the preference to auto write metadata to xmp files, and the program responsiveness didn't seem to change, didn't slow to a crawl as it did before.
Title: Adobe Updates Camera Raw to Version 4.3 and Lightr
Post by: digitaldog on November 16, 2007, 09:09:57 am
Quote
Just a note, the metadata change seems to be working well.  I turned on the preference to auto write metadata to xmp files, and the program responsiveness didn't seem to change, didn't slow to a crawl as it did before.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153283\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, that's one of the big fixes. There may still be some performance hit but its far less so (at least in my testing since working with 1.3 which has been awhile). But my catalog is only 14K of images so your mileage may vary.
Title: Adobe Updates Camera Raw to Version 4.3 and Lightr
Post by: merg on November 16, 2007, 10:43:18 am
With the availability of the Lightroom Export SDK in LR 1.3, can we expect plugin makers to create an output-sharpen and print plugin soon?  
Title: Adobe Updates Camera Raw to Version 4.3 and Lightr
Post by: alanrew on November 17, 2007, 09:00:54 am
Quote
See: Adobe Updates Camera Raw to Version 4.3 and Lightroom to 1.3 (http://photoshopnews.com/2007/11/16/adobe-updates-camera-raw-to-version-43-and-lightroom-to-13/)

Also included is Adobe DNG Converter 4.3.

Oh, poop...I can't seem to edit the darn title (which I screwed up in copy/paste)

Sorry...
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=153248\")

As I said in the other thread, this link is broken, and should probably be

[a href=\"http://photoshopnews.com/2007/11/15/adobe-updates-camera-raw-to-version-43-and-lightroom-to-13/]http://photoshopnews.com/2007/11/15/adobe-...ightroom-to-13/[/url]

HTH

Alan