Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: MKraus on November 11, 2007, 04:23:28 pm

Title: Maximum Print Size with Epson 3800
Post by: MKraus on November 11, 2007, 04:23:28 pm
I would like to make a large print with my Epson 3800 printer which has a 17” width limitation.  My file dimensions are 4368 x 2912 pixels.  Using standard 17 x 22 paper, the largest size print I could comfortably get would be 14.33 x 21.5.  How can I get the largest print using the 17” wide capabilities?  Can I cut 17” roll paper to 26” long and then print 16.5 x 24.75 which seems to be the maximum size I could get with the 17” wide limitations?  Thanks.

Matthew Kraus
Title: Maximum Print Size with Epson 3800
Post by: Mort54 on November 11, 2007, 04:34:07 pm
Quote
How can I get the largest print using the 17” wide capabilities?
Hi Mathew. I was reading on this forum a few days ago that a few third party paper manufacturers are starting to supply 17 x 25 paper. I don't recall which thread I read it in, but you might search on some of the third party paper web sites. Also check www.shadesofpaper.com. I hear good things about them.
Title: Maximum Print Size with Epson 3800
Post by: tomrock on November 11, 2007, 05:39:47 pm
The longest the Epson driver will print is 37" (I think -- it's in the manual).

Imageprint will print longer and there's a B&W rip that will print longer, too. I can't remember the name but I'm sure someone will pop in with it.
Title: Maximum Print Size with Epson 3800
Post by: picnic on November 11, 2007, 05:44:46 pm
Quote
I would like to make a large print with my Epson 3800 printer which has a 17” width limitation.  My file dimensions are 4368 x 2912 pixels.  Using standard 17 x 22 paper, the largest size print I could comfortably get would be 14.33 x 21.5.  How can I get the largest print using the 17” wide capabilities?  Can I cut 17” roll paper to 26” long and then print 16.5 x 24.75 which seems to be the maximum size I could get with the 17” wide limitations?  Thanks.

Matthew Kraus
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151989\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


In the beginning I bought 17" roll paper and cut 17 x 25 to print 16 x 24.  Now there are a number of mfg. with 17 x 25 paper---Red River (who will also cut paper to suit), Inkjetart,  Hawks Mt. are three that come to mind.  All sell sample packs also.  Still--if there is a paper that doesn't come in the size you want, cutting it is not a problem.

Diane
Title: Maximum Print Size with Epson 3800
Post by: madmanchan on November 12, 2007, 04:30:11 pm
http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Ep....html#where1725 (http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Epson3800/faq.html#where1725)
Title: Maximum Print Size with Epson 3800
Post by: NigelPlayer on November 13, 2007, 06:13:53 am
Quote
I would like to make a large print with my Epson 3800 printer which has a 17” width limitation.  My file dimensions are 4368 x 2912 pixels.  Using standard 17 x 22 paper, the largest size print I could comfortably get would be 14.33 x 21.5.  How can I get the largest print using the 17” wide capabilities?  Can I cut 17” roll paper to 26” long and then print 16.5 x 24.75 which seems to be the maximum size I could get with the 17” wide limitations?  Thanks.

Matthew Kraus
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151989\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Matthew

I think this woud work for you. You would need to define a custom size in the paper settings, but this is straightforward.  I know this because at HARMAN, we offer our Inkjet media in 17" x 25" cut sheets specifically to address this issue.

Hope this helps.


Regards
Nigel.
Title: Maximum Print Size with Epson 3800
Post by: madmanchan on November 13, 2007, 08:30:42 am
That's right, in the 3800 driver you can choose a "User Defined" size. For the Auto Sheet Feed and Rear Feed you can go up to 17" wide and up to 37.4" long. A lot of users are going for 17" x 25" sheet paper with which they can print 16" x 24" images with an even 1/2" margin all around.

(BTW, I need to update the 3800 FAQ listing above to include the Harman Gloss.)