Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: theophilus on November 10, 2007, 12:21:13 pm

Title: Help - 3800 cartridge error
Post by: theophilus on November 10, 2007, 12:21:13 pm
I got a an error on my 3800 this morning that I had a "cartridge error" on my LLK.  I turned off the printer, turned it back on, and the error went away.  I ran a nozzle check and everything looked fine.

So I went to print in ABW mode and the LLK clearly stopped being laid down about 10% into the print.

Does this mean my cartridge has to be replaced?  It's still half-full.

Of course the Epson documentation says to replace it, but I was wondering if running some cleaning cycles or pulling it out would help.  

I don't want to try printing again for fear of damaging the print head, so I was hoping someone else dealt with the same problem before.
Title: Help - 3800 cartridge error
Post by: theophilus on November 10, 2007, 12:50:39 pm
Well, I just went for it and its fixed.  I took the cartridge out and put it back in and did a power cleaning.

To clarify, the error was that it was an incorrect cartridge.  I am 5 months into it's 6 month life based on the status print.

Hopefully this will be helpful for someone else.