Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: BobShram on November 10, 2007, 09:54:19 am

Title: Photo Surface Protection
Post by: BobShram on November 10, 2007, 09:54:19 am
I am looking for a brush on covering to protect photos that I put in for competitions. Before we were allowed to matte the photos, the raised surface protected the the photo when stacked. But now the rules are changing in many clubs and the surface has to be flat. Some of the handlers showing the photos on to the lightbox are not as careful as you would think and I have seen a few photos damaged.

I am looking for a clear solution that can go on a Fibre gloss surface. Area is normaly 16x20 inches.

Thanks Bob
Title: Photo Surface Protection
Post by: Gordon Buck on November 10, 2007, 11:08:43 am
Brush on, not spray on?
Title: Photo Surface Protection
Post by: framah on November 10, 2007, 12:07:10 pm
Laminate them. A frame shop can put a laminate coating on the photo providing the print is heat resistant. Not all printers put out heat resistant inks.
Title: Photo Surface Protection
Post by: BobShram on November 10, 2007, 03:21:44 pm
Spay on would be fine Gordon.
Title: Photo Surface Protection
Post by: DarkPenguin on November 10, 2007, 03:26:35 pm
http://www.clearstarcorp.com/products.asp (http://www.clearstarcorp.com/products.asp)
Title: Photo Surface Protection
Post by: tomrock on November 10, 2007, 04:51:15 pm
I've used this stuff for years -- it helps a lot.


http://www.itsupplies.com/cgi-bin/itsuppli.../Product/PA1950 (http://www.itsupplies.com/cgi-bin/itsupplies.storefront/EN/Product/PA1950)
Title: Photo Surface Protection
Post by: BobShram on November 10, 2007, 06:49:30 pm
Thanks for your help guys, I ordered some from IT Supplies thanks Tom.

Bob
Title: Photo Surface Protection
Post by: mmurph on November 11, 2007, 09:00:07 pm
Lyson has some brush on products.  Haven't tried them yet:

http://www.ink2image.com/Lacquers.html (http://www.ink2image.com/Lacquers.html)