Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: cerf on November 09, 2007, 04:27:30 pm

Title: Print Template for Calendars??
Post by: cerf on November 09, 2007, 04:27:30 pm
A client who runs a stable wants me to drop a photo of each rider (that I'm taking now) onto a personallized, one page calendar of 2008.

I googled the subject but found no ready-to-use Print Templates and I don't have the time to make one, even if I knew how. Modify one maybe, since weeks start on Monday here in France and the words are different.

Thanks for any thoughts someone might have on the subject.

Bill
cerf.smugmug.com
marneweb.com
Title: Print Template for Calendars??
Post by: kaelaria on November 09, 2007, 07:33:09 pm
mpix?
Title: Print Template for Calendars??
Post by: Bill Caulfeild-Browne on November 09, 2007, 08:52:52 pm
If you use a Mac, take a screen shot of each month of the Calendar. Open photoshop and choose "new" at 300 ppi at whatever size you want. (Letter typically). Then drag your screen shot, after sizing it to 300 ppi and 7 inches wide, to the new blank you created. It will take up the bottom half.

Then size your picture 300 ppi, 7 inches, and drag it too, to the top half..... Voila!

I have done many calendars this way - cheap and quick.

Bill



Quote
A client who runs a stable wants me to drop a photo of each rider (that I'm taking now) onto a personallized, one page calendar of 2008.

I googled the subject but found no ready-to-use Print Templates and I don't have the time to make one, even if I knew how. Modify one maybe, since weeks start on Monday here in France and the words are different.

Thanks for any thoughts someone might have on the subject.

Bill
cerf.smugmug.com
marneweb.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151578\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Print Template for Calendars??
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 10, 2007, 12:03:30 am
I have a package called Adobe Album 2.0 which has several pretty good calendar templates, easy to use and quite effective. I have used this for several years to make calendars.

Unfortunately, Album has been discontinued, but Adobe suggests that most of its features are in the current version of Photoshop Elements (and certainly not in full-blown Photoshop). Adobe's website is a bit vague on just what Elements 6 will do, but you can download a 30-day free trial to see if it does calendars.

If all else fails, Bill's techniques sounds pretty straightforward.
Title: Print Template for Calendars??
Post by: kaelaria on November 10, 2007, 12:47:34 am
http://mpix.com/productsinfo.aspx?prod=6 (http://mpix.com/productsinfo.aspx?prod=6)
Title: Print Template for Calendars??
Post by: sniper on November 10, 2007, 06:12:15 am
Try googling free calendar templates, theres lots there, you can save a word document out as a jpeg if I remember rightly.    Wayne