Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: PSA DC-9-30 on November 09, 2007, 01:39:41 pm
-
I'm going to be scanning several hundred pieces of Kodak 4489 film (3x4" BW film) in the coming months and need recommendations on a good general / introductory book on scanning--mostly concentrating on film, but also on reflective. I also have several hundred Kodachromes to to as well. (I did download From Camera to Print, but have not watched the film scanning tutorial yet.)
I'm looking at buying an Epson V700--if anyone has recommendations for something in the same price range that might be better, please let me know.
Thanks!
-
Not a book, but, if you want to look at something well organised on the internet, I would suggest as a starting point
http://www.scantips.com (http://www.scantips.com)
Cheers
Fabrizio
-
It is a book. Wayne Fulton encourages visitors to the sight to buy it. More content, much less trouble than downloading each individual chapter from the website, and buying it recognizes his on-going effort to enhance and up-date this excellent reference, which he started quite a few years ago.
-
Thanks for the recommendation, but I can't look at that font without without wanting to puke. Large blocks of text in sans serif are virtually never a good idea, and if anyone ever bothered to look at those "Comic Sans" letterforms they would see that they are probably the ugliest ever devised.
-
Thanks for the recommendation, but I can't look at that font without without wanting to puke. Large blocks of text in sans serif are virtually never a good idea, and if anyone ever bothered to look at those "Comic Sans" letterforms they would see that they are probably the ugliest ever devised.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151674\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Well, all I can say to you is take a deep breath, hold onto your gut and read it. Probably the most detailed and practical resource you'll find out there. I wouldn't deprive myself of the substance because I have issues with the form.
-
I'm going to be scanning several hundred pieces of Kodak 4489 film (3x4" BW film) in the coming months and need recommendations on a good general / introductory book on scanning--mostly concentrating on film, but also on reflective. I also have several hundred Kodachromes to to as well. (I did download From Camera to Print, but have not watched the film scanning tutorial yet.)
I'm looking at buying an Epson V700--if anyone has recommendations for something in the same price range that might be better, please let me know.
Thanks!
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=151546\")
This might be of interest: [a href=\"http://rockynook.com/books/1-933952-01-6.html]http://rockynook.com/books/1-933952-01-6.html[/url]
-
Thanks for the recommendation, but I can't look at that font without without wanting to puke. Large blocks of text in sans serif are virtually never a good idea, and if anyone ever bothered to look at those "Comic Sans" letterforms they would see that they are probably the ugliest ever devised.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151674\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I like that font.
Select no style in your web browser and look at it in the default font.