Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: i2-lens on November 07, 2007, 02:47:47 pm

Title: i1 Photo vs i1Photo LT
Post by: i2-lens on November 07, 2007, 02:47:47 pm
I currently use an Epson 3800 printer and have recently ordered a 7880.  I plan to start profiling my own papers although the Epson profiles are good.  I plan to look at other non-Epson papers also.

I'm considering purchasing an i1 Photo profiler but I'm confused as to all the options available.  The i1 comes in too many different flavours.  the i1 Photo LT now has a $200 rebate and is considerably less expensive than the i1 Photo.  It appears to do CRT, LCD and RGB printers.  Perhaps I'm missing something, but I believe my printers are RGB.  Can I get by with the LT version?  I do not plan to use a RIP as I know they need CMYK profiles.

Your help is appreciated.

Fernand
Title: i1 Photo vs i1Photo LT
Post by: digitaldog on November 07, 2007, 03:05:57 pm
Yes, you treat these printers as RGB so no need for CMYK. Plus, you can always upgrade.