Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: jorgedelfino on November 07, 2007, 09:20:46 am

Title: Tethered shooting in Lightroom
Post by: jorgedelfino on November 07, 2007, 09:20:46 am
Any tips, from a 1dsII , unfortunatly my laptop is PC, so, I also need to go from firewire 6 pins to 4 pins adapter, that way I can use the long  heavy cable suplied with the camera, will that work?

thanks
Title: Tethered shooting in Lightroom
Post by: santa on November 07, 2007, 01:47:27 pm
I wasn't even aware that LR supported tethered shooting. Thanks! I'm going to have to check that out !
Title: Tethered shooting in Lightroom
Post by: jorgedelfino on November 07, 2007, 02:12:49 pm
Quote
I wasn't even aware that LR supported tethered shooting. Thanks! I'm going to have to check that out !
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151116\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
found the adaptor, works great! just open eos utility, create a folder for downloading the pictures, then open lightroom and go; autoimport from that folder>enable. bingo!
Title: Tethered shooting in Lightroom
Post by: reissme on November 07, 2007, 02:27:13 pm
Quote
Any tips, from a 1dsII , unfortunatly my laptop is PC, so, I also need to go from firewire 6 pins to 4 pins adapter, that way I can use the long  heavy cable suplied with the camera, will that work?

thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151080\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi
I shoot 1DSmII with PC laptop, no problem with the 4 pin cable. I suggest  to attach the cable to the left strap near the camera body with a small flat  spring clip . (to prevent coincidental disconnection and damage to the cable and the socket.) the spring clip should hold the cable to the strap about 25 cm from the plug in U form.

Menachem Reiss               www.reiss.co.il