Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Raw shooter on November 05, 2007, 08:40:30 pm

Title: Epson 4880
Post by: Raw shooter on November 05, 2007, 08:40:30 pm
I have been using the Epson 4000.  I printed a test on the 4880 of the same print that I did recently on the 4000.  The reds, like expected are awesome.  KInd of like a batterey in the paper is glowing. Better black.  I need to see it in the morning after a full dry period to truly see the difference.
Luster 260 with ICC profile (canned with driver install) thru PS3. RAW conversion to 16 bit TIFF.
Title: Epson 4880
Post by: digitaldog on November 06, 2007, 08:52:12 am
Quote
I have been using the Epson 4000.  I printed a test on the 4880 of the same print that I did recently on the 4000.  The reds, like expected are awesome.  KInd of like a batterey in the paper is glowing. Better black.  I need to see it in the morning after a full dry period to truly see the difference.
Luster 260 with ICC profile (canned with driver install) thru PS3. RAW conversion to 16 bit TIFF.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150812\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Luster paper or the new Exhibition stuff?
Title: Epson 4880
Post by: Raw shooter on November 06, 2007, 11:47:45 am
Quote
Luster paper or the new Exhibition stuff?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150884\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, just Luster and Matte so far - but I really look forward to the new Exhibition paper.  It sounds like it will be the answer for the fine art prints.

Not crazy about the ink switch ftom MK to PK.  With my 4000, it had both, just lacked the light and light light PK's.  After seeing the output, I won't mind switching - very nice.