Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: wlemann on November 04, 2007, 01:50:48 am

Title: Harman Gloss FB Al rolls misspooled
Post by: wlemann on November 04, 2007, 01:50:48 am
I bought a 17"x50' roll of the admittedly great Harman Gloss FB Al paper.  It is misspooled on the roll with emulsion side "in".  This is admitted by the distributor and the Harman rep in Canada.  What a mess.  Anyone else have info on this?
Title: Harman Gloss FB Al rolls misspooled
Post by: rdonson on November 04, 2007, 08:50:09 am
Quote
I bought a 17"x50' roll of the admittedly great Harman Gloss FB Al paper.  It is misspooled on the roll with emulsion side "in".  This is admitted by the distributor and the Harman rep in Canada.  What a mess.  Anyone else have info on this?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=150482\")

Its been reported here before.  Check out this [a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20581]thread.[/url]
Title: Harman Gloss FB Al rolls misspooled
Post by: Colorwave on November 04, 2007, 11:44:59 am
wiemann-
I knew that the odds were not in favor of my reverse wound roll not being the only one.  You can manufacture quite a few rolls with a hangover on a Monday morning before coffee break.  My roll has been promised to be replaced, so this is a bit of a PITA, but you will not be out any money.
-Ron H.
Title: Harman Gloss FB Al rolls misspooled
Post by: Roscolo on November 04, 2007, 12:36:45 pm
Perhaps some of the problems with head strikes and whatnot with the Harman paper might be more related to poor manufacturing and quality control with the paper. If they can't roll the paper onto a spool in the right direction, what else can they get wrong in more critical parts of the manufacturing process?

I may try this paper at some point (I am still interested in testing for archivability, fading, etc.), but it does seem overpriced, especially if it's spooled wrong side out.
Title: Harman Gloss FB Al rolls misspooled
Post by: rsk72000 on November 04, 2007, 10:20:01 pm
My roll of 17" x 50' is rolled correctly. Looks like some got it right and some got it wrong.
Title: Harman Gloss FB Al rolls misspooled
Post by: NigelPlayer on November 13, 2007, 09:10:38 am
Quote
I bought a 17"x50' roll of the admittedly great Harman Gloss FB Al paper.  It is misspooled on the roll with emulsion side "in".  This is admitted by the distributor and the Harman rep in Canada.  What a mess.  Anyone else have info on this?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=150482\")

I am sorry you have experienced this problem with our product.

I have posted more information [a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20581]here.[/url]

Nigel Player
HARMAN technology