Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Jim Cole on October 31, 2007, 04:52:54 pm

Title: New Z3100 Driver
Post by: Jim Cole on October 31, 2007, 04:52:54 pm
I am disappointed to see in the release document for the new driver that we will be unable to define custom page sizes whose length is shorter than the width.

I constantly use 44" paper to print series of images that are 8x10 or 11x14 and even panoramics (13x40") on lengths much shorter than 44".

This is going to create a production issue for me. I hate when developers remove a feature instead of fixing issues that may be related to that feature. I have been using these custom page sizes for about 9 months now and am a bit PO'd about this.

JIm
Title: New Z3100 Driver
Post by: rdonson on October 31, 2007, 05:00:14 pm
Jim,

I'll have to check this out as well as I have a practice similar to yours for printing 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10s.  

This is weird as one of my favorite print sizes is 16x24 (2:3).

I wonder what they were thinking.
Title: New Z3100 Driver
Post by: Thomas Krüger on October 31, 2007, 05:12:56 pm
With the firmware version 6.0.0.8 on Windows it's still possible to create a 20cm long and 60cm large  page on the 22" Z3200. I was also wondering about that after reading the pdf.

EDIT: But on my Winbox is stil the old driver v. 61.71.341.0  !!
Title: New Z3100 Driver
Post by: rdonson on October 31, 2007, 05:16:08 pm
Thanks, Thomas.   Phew!

The download of everything is now complete and I'm about to install.
Title: New Z3100 Driver
Post by: Jim Cole on October 31, 2007, 05:20:54 pm
Thomas,

That's good to hear! I have about 20 minutes of download left before I can install.

Hope I can confirm,

Jim
Title: New Z3100 Driver
Post by: rdonson on October 31, 2007, 06:42:48 pm
I just finished installing the latest firmware, driver and printer utility on my base 24" Z3100 (ethernet connected) with Windows XP Pro SP2.

Everything installed fine (details in another thread).

I can confirm that I printed a 16x24 paper size without a problem. Perhaps we misinterpreted the HP doc?
Title: New Z3100 Driver
Post by: Jim Cole on October 31, 2007, 06:51:43 pm
I just installed all the new drivers/firmware/print utility and was also able to save a paper whose length was shorter than its width.

I don't understand the PDF document then. However, I am mighty glad it appears to have been incorrect.

Therefore, I retract my rather pissy statement that started this thread.

Jim