Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: PdF on October 29, 2007, 06:15:31 pm

Title: Sinar and the Loch Ness Monster
Post by: PdF on October 29, 2007, 06:15:31 pm
Does anyone knows when will the DNG program of Sinar - at last - be avalaible ? Do you think it will be compatible with Leopard ?

I've seen a version of this program at the Photokina in september 2006. And nothing else since...

Next week, next month, next year, or next decade  ?

PdF
Title: Sinar and the Loch Ness Monster
Post by: Morgan_Moore on October 29, 2007, 08:08:19 pm
Quote
Does anyone knows when will the DNG program of Sinar - at last - be avalaible ? Do you think it will be compatible with Leopard ?

I've seen a version of this program at the Photokina in september 2006. And nothing else since...

Next week, next month, next year, or next decade  ?

PdF
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=149431\")

I assume you know you can make DNGs from sinar files using the tools developed by stephan brumbaer ([a href=\"http://www.brumbaer.de/Tools/Brumbaer_Tools.html]his homepage[/url])

S
Title: Sinar and the Loch Ness Monster
Post by: mattlap2 on October 29, 2007, 08:45:07 pm
Quote
Does anyone knows when will the DNG program of Sinar - at last - be avalaible ? Do you think it will be compatible with Leopard ?

I've seen a version of this program at the Photokina in september 2006. And nothing else since...

Next week, next month, next year, or next decade  ?

PdF
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149431\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

They were running it at Photo Plus in NYC ....    The schedule has been for it to ship just after the 1st of the year for a few months now, and from what I hear they are on or close to schedule.
Title: Sinar and the Loch Ness Monster
Post by: PdF on October 30, 2007, 03:50:20 am
Quote
I assume you know you can make DNGs from sinar files using the tools developed by stephan brumbaer (his homepage (http://www.brumbaer.de/Tools/Brumbaer_Tools.html))

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149448\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Of course I use Brumbaer, an exceptional program. But it makes a supplemenetary step.

Actually, the files informations (in STI or in DNG and -of course - in TIFF and PSD) are minimal.

PdF
Title: Sinar and the Loch Ness Monster
Post by: rethmeier on November 02, 2007, 02:49:39 am
Sinar eXposure is being Beta tested right now!
Title: Sinar and the Loch Ness Monster
Post by: BJNY on November 12, 2007, 06:52:42 am
Here's a link to download Sinar's latest brochure of their Hy6:
http://www.sinarcameras.com/file_uploads/b...0_gb_150dpi.pdf (http://www.sinarcameras.com/file_uploads/bibliothek/k_92_Brochures/436_0_prosphy6_210x280_gb_150dpi.pdf)

Towards the end of the PDF, the eXposure GUI is shown.
I hope the application will be much improved.