Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: inHaliburton on October 28, 2007, 05:25:15 pm
-
Hi there,
First time poster.
I've got a bottom-of-the-line Neovo monitor that I have to use for now, HP Pavillion dv9000 laptop, CS3, d200. I'm interested in learning/doing fine art photo printing.
I wonder what your thoughts are re a moitor and printer profiler for a ipf5000 that I'll be ordering this week. The printer will be replacing a 1280.
I've been reading about the Spyder 3 Suite for $599 US that is just out this month. The Spyder 2 Suite is discounted at $499.
I'm also thinking of going with the house brand of papers at inkjetart.com
If they sell everything above, I may get it all from them.
Am I right about the Luminous Landscape digital tutorials being a good investment?
Any thoughts or suggestions? I appreciate your help.
Regards, Paul.
in Haliburton, ON
-
The Spyder suite with printfixpro (or whatever is named now) to both create profiles for your moniter and different papers for your printer are well worth and arguably necessities (the moniter profiling for sure). I have the 2 suite and the ipf5k, and it all works very well together. The papers you refer to - cannot say to much, dont know too much, but heard decent anyway.
G
Hi there,
First time poster.
I wonder what your thoughts are re a moitor and printer profiler for a ipf5000 that I'll be ordering this week. The printer will be replacing a 1280.
I've been reading about the Spyder 3 Suite for $599 US that is just out this month. The Spyder 2 Suite is discounted at $499.
I'm also thinking of going with the house brand of papers at inkjetart.com
Am I right about the Luminous Landscape digital tutorials being a good investment?
Any thoughts or suggestions? I appreciate your help.
Regards, Paul.
in Haliburton, ON
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149225\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
The Spyder suite with printfixpro (or whatever is named now) to both create profiles for your moniter and different papers for your printer are well worth and arguably necessities (the moniter profiling for sure). I have the 2 suite and the ipf5k, and it all works very well together. The papers you refer to - cannot say to much, dont know too much, but heard decent anyway.
G
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149327\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Gary, thanks for your response. This is confusing stuff for a simpleton like myself. I considered going the software route but I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing profiles that I would always wonder if I did them correctly.
Regards, Paul.
in Haliburton.
-
the movies on the site are good get the printing one will help you out quite a bit and give you a good overall view of printing
my thoughts if you are newer to all this and dont want to mess with profiles I would say get the printer and a good monitor instead and a DTP94 to profile the monitor and then choose some papers from sample packs you like
profiles here we go my thoughts for you in your position
once you find a few papers(get sample packs) then try the canned profiles out and also for your favorite paper get a profile made by someone like digital dog or a good profile maker
then compare those profiles on your paper (meaning the one you had made and the canned one from the paper company)
decide then if you think the custom profiles are worth it ? some will say yes some no
I am on the side custom profiles can really get the last bit out of the paper and printer and are worth it
if you decide you like custom profiles you have a few choices get a good tool from gretag to do them and skip the colorvision one
yes the gretag is more money but once you are paying over $500 might as well go more and get a really good one
OR
just get custom profiles made for your fav papers
again just my thoughts