Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: kevs on October 28, 2007, 01:55:09 pm

Title: Paper not feeding properly
Post by: kevs on October 28, 2007, 01:55:09 pm
This is with Epson 2400, but it may apply for others.

I click print and the plastic base around the print, move around, but the paper does not go through. or maybe it just shoots through without printing. i've done all the basic like turning the printer off and rebooting etc. I'm out of ideas. Curious how others deal with this.

I get the paper not feeding properly red light go on.
Title: Paper not feeding properly
Post by: meyerweb on October 28, 2007, 03:00:22 pm
Any chance something fell down into the paper path that's blocking the paper? This happen on my old 1270 a couple of years ago.
Title: Paper not feeding properly
Post by: pflower on October 28, 2007, 03:55:05 pm
What paper are you using?  If you have been using any of the fine art papers (particularly Photo Rag) then the roller that drags the paper into the printer may have some paper dust on it and is not properly grabbing the paper - happens a lot with my 2100 and 3800.  the solution is to run a cleaning sheet through the printer a couple of times or clean the roller with alcohol (not drinking but isopropyl).  Works for me.
Title: Paper not feeding properly
Post by: kevs on October 28, 2007, 04:41:24 pm
thanks P, I'm using enhanced matte.
Title: Paper not feeding properly
Post by: Krug on October 28, 2007, 05:19:09 pm
I have had persistent problems using canvas or art papers with both of my 2400s.
The cure I have found to be a lead strip attached to the paper - ie stick a sheet of ordinary paper on the back of the sheet to be printed ( with a small piece of double sided tape ) and leave about a quarter inch protruding.
Epson and the paper manufacturers both have assured me at some length that this is not necessary - but it works for me - it might solve your problems too !? Good luck.
Title: Paper not feeding properly
Post by: kevs on October 28, 2007, 08:48:27 pm
Krug:
that hard to grasp my words, can you give a photo or small video for everyone to see? and  articulate it better.  sorry to make you work, but anything that may work would be nice to know, just did not get it.
Title: Paper not feeding properly
Post by: JeffKohn on October 29, 2007, 12:00:52 am
Quote
What paper are you using?  If you have been using any of the fine art papers (particularly Photo Rag) then the roller that drags the paper into the printer may have some paper dust on it and is not properly grabbing the paper - happens a lot with my 2100 and 3800.  the solution is to run a cleaning sheet through the printer a couple of times or clean the roller with alcohol (not drinking but isopropyl).  Works for me.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149206\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I've had this same issue with my 2400. What do you use for the cleaning sheet?
Title: Paper not feeding properly
Post by: kevs on October 29, 2007, 02:24:31 pm
thanks Jeff, I forgot to do that actually, I've only used the Epson provided one. hope that's the issue here.
Title: Paper not feeding properly
Post by: Krug on October 30, 2007, 11:30:50 am
Sorry if that was not clear Kev - I will try again.

With a small piece(s) of double sided tape stick a sheet of ordinary paper on the back of the sheet of art paper/canvas that you wish to print.
Leave about a quarter of an inch sticking out so that it feeds in first and thus leads the art sheet into the printer.
The only downside I have found is that the quarter inch,or so, is part of the margin so your print will be off-centre but that is pretty inconsequential for me.

Hope that is a clearer explanation.
Title: Paper not feeding properly
Post by: kevs on October 30, 2007, 12:14:54 pm
sorry, don't understand a word of that.  you are taping a piece of paper to another piece of paper for some reason...
Title: Paper not feeding properly
Post by: Krug on November 03, 2007, 06:39:51 pm
Sorry I don't think I can make it any clearer !!