Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: creativepro on October 28, 2007, 04:28:30 am

Title: LR Library photos have disappeared
Post by: creativepro on October 28, 2007, 04:28:30 am
Hullo


Previously when i downloaded Lightroom 1.2 my LR library of photos disappeared.  You kindly gave me advise how to retrieve.  With your help I found them in my Pictures folder.

Again they have disappeared- I looked in my pictures folder and they are not there - I unable to find them at all.  they could not have disappeared into thin air?!

Please help.  Where could they be?  Why does this happen?




Have a mac computer 10.4.10



regards



Sue
Title: LR Library photos have disappeared
Post by: JayS on October 28, 2007, 11:21:14 am
Quote
Hullo
Previously when i downloaded Lightroom 1.2 my LR library of photos disappeared.  You kindly gave me advise how to retrieve.  With your help I found them in my Pictures folder.

Again they have disappeared- I looked in my pictures folder and they are not there - I unable to find them at all.  they could not have disappeared into thin air?!

Please help.  Where could they be?  Why does this happen?
Have a mac computer 10.4.10
regards
Sue
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149133\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sue,
    Have you tried using Spotlight and searching for one?

Jay S.
Title: LR Library photos have disappeared
Post by: creativepro on October 30, 2007, 03:03:35 am
Thanks for your response.

Could not find them through spotlight - but I did a search on my computer and there they were.

Do you know the reason why they tend to wonder away from Lightroom library?



Sue
Title: LR Library photos have disappeared
Post by: francois on October 30, 2007, 05:05:23 am
Did you move or rename  the folder containing your files? Spotlight should be able to find them. Does Lightroom display an alert message? Are your files on an external hard drive?