Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: rdonson on October 23, 2007, 06:03:43 pm

Title: TIFF pixel order
Post by: rdonson on October 23, 2007, 06:03:43 pm
OK, this TIFF thing is driving me a little crazy.  They fixed Lightroom so that it saves TIFFs now with an interleaved pixel order but.....

Scenario:

From Lightroom I export to TIFF and "open after export" in CS3.  Edit the image and save the edit from CS3 as a TIFF (with or without filename change).

Results:

Lightroom exports the TIFF to disk with interleaved pixel order just fine.

CS3 save the file as a TIFF in per channel pixel order without asking.

What is going on?
Title: TIFF pixel order
Post by: Colorwave on October 23, 2007, 07:42:56 pm
Ron-
You stepped out of the printing forum for a bit?
Have you tried doing a "Save As" instead of a "Save" from Photoshop?  In CS3, it always asks me about the variables when I do this.
-Ron H.
Title: TIFF pixel order
Post by: rdonson on October 23, 2007, 08:42:48 pm
Quote
Ron-
You stepped out of the printing forum for a bit?
Have you tried doing a "Save As" instead of a "Save" from Photoshop?  In CS3, it always asks me about the variables when I do this.
-Ron H.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148240\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
  Yeah, Ron, time to process a few hundred images from the weekend and this has bugged me for a while.

I thought I'd tried the "Save As" but I'll check again.  

Thanks, for the suggestion.
Title: TIFF pixel order
Post by: rdonson on October 25, 2007, 10:53:10 am
Quote
Ron-
You stepped out of the printing forum for a bit?
Have you tried doing a "Save As" instead of a "Save" from Photoshop?  In CS3, it always asks me about the variables when I do this.
-Ron H.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148240\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks again, Ron.

I tested again last night and "Save As" seems to consistently provide the window that allows you to chose the pixel order.

Now, why the heck does CS3 take a TIFF saved in interleaved pixel order and then "save" it as per channel without asking.  Weird.