Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: richardb on October 22, 2007, 11:04:17 pm

Title: Lightroom and P25
Post by: richardb on October 22, 2007, 11:04:17 pm
I have just used Lightroom to import RAW files from my P25 back for the first time.
Instead of importing the full 25MB file it has just imported a thumbnail which is only 156kb on my hard disc!
Importing with Bridge is fine, it just seems to be a Lightroom problem.

I am using LR 1.2 which should support a P25.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
If so, is there a known workaround?
Title: Lightroom and P25
Post by: Bill Caulfeild-Browne on November 07, 2007, 10:33:58 pm
I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you, tho' the same thing happened to me too - but just once. I import P45 and now P45+ files with no problem. I import from my own filing system on the hard drive and LR references them in that location. In other words, I don't store the original files in LR.

Are you importing directly into LR? If so, try downloading to Pictures (Mac) or My Pictures (Windows) and have LR access them from there. I'd also go to Preferences and reset all defaults.

Let me know how you do,
Bill


Quote
I have just used Lightroom to import RAW files from my P25 back for the first time.
Instead of importing the full 25MB file it has just imported a thumbnail which is only 156kb on my hard disc!
Importing with Bridge is fine, it just seems to be a Lightroom problem.

I am using LR 1.2 which should support a P25.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
If so, is there a known workaround?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148004\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Lightroom and P25
Post by: pss on November 07, 2007, 11:08:58 pm
Quote
I have just used Lightroom to import RAW files from my P25 back for the first time.
Instead of importing the full 25MB file it has just imported a thumbnail which is only 156kb on my hard disc!
Importing with Bridge is fine, it just seems to be a Lightroom problem.

I am using LR 1.2 which should support a P25.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
If so, is there a known workaround?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148004\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
there were some problems with 1.1 importing phase files from a CF card directly....only the preview would come in...workaround was to copy to a folder and import from the folder....i still work like that with my P30.....
Title: Lightroom and P25
Post by: MarkM on November 09, 2007, 11:35:03 pm
Yep. I have the same problem if I try to download directly from the CF card. So I download to the desktop first and then import. It's a bit inconvenient.