Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: RogerW on October 21, 2007, 03:16:07 pm
-
I'm sorry if I've put this in the wrong area. But I guess, as the eye-one is mentioned in the printing videos, it should be OK.
After studying Camera-to-Print videos several times, I still don't know what, if anything, I'm doing wrong.
When calibrating my crt monitor all goes fine with the measure luminance and set contrast step.
When I get to the adjust brightness, I go from zero brightness through all the stages to 100% brightness without the indicator getting into the green zone at any stage.
My first thought was that this meant I couldn't achieve the brightness level I'd chosen (100 the crt default).
However, if I continue with the process, the final screen shows my crt brightness to be in the order of 170!
Anyone know what's going on?
-
The Eye-One is an excellent colorimeter, how old is your monitor? Depending on the ambient light in your work environment 100 cd/m2 may be a little bright for monitor to print match anyway. What happens if you target 85 or 90? (6500 K,2.2). Of course, reset the monitor to it's factory default settings first.
-
The Eye-One is an excellent colorimeter, how old is your monitor? Depending on the ambient light in your work environment 100 cd/m2 may be a little bright for monitor to print match anyway. What happens if you target 85 or 90? (6500 K,2.2). Of course, reset the monitor to it's factory default settings first.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147869\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks for your reply.
The monitor is about 2 years old. I've tried the other things you mentioned.
Yesterday I had another go and this time I just continued past the original brightness setting and adjusted the brightness later when I got to the individual colour settings. With this technique I was able to get to the desired values for colour temperature and brightness so it looks as though this is going to be the way to go in future.