Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: to-mas on October 21, 2007, 01:55:11 pm
-
Hi,
i am new to mac (i own macbook 13) and I just cant find mac version of some appz.
1.I am looking for advanced photobrowser. Not iphoto or something else where you need import files.
On PC I was using acdsee or zoner photo studio.
It need to be fast for jpegs, have some batch operation and slideshow.
So far I tried xee (to simple).
Bridge is not a answer as it is slooooooow and not making good quallity fullscreen slideshow.
Lightroom need importing.
2.I am looking for a advanced photo downloader.
On PC i was using Downloader pro.
It need to have option to same in folder named DATE+name (bridge can just date OR name), rename files (from img-1045 to TH5D-41045 as this is part of my storage system).
I looking forward for your help
thanks
to-mas
-
Have you looked at Imageingester? There is a free trial version available.
Imageingester (http://basepath.com/ImageIngester/)
-
The fastest browser for the Mac is Photo Mechanic. It's also a great downloader, and the best app out there for adding metadata (captions, keywords, etc.).
It's not cheap, there's a somewhat steep learning curve, and no good documentation. But it's worth it IMHO.
www.camerabits.com
(The usual disclaimer -- I've been just a paying customer for years.)
--Ken
-
thank you both
so far i am very happy with both of them
imageingester for downloading
and photomechanic for keywords. I am not so sure with it for photoviewing, but thats mostly because of my workflow. As I am using cr2 with xmp edited by ACR i cant use non adobe soft to show me edited photos. I start to think about dng.
anyway, thank you both