Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Kuryan Thomas on October 20, 2007, 08:24:58 am

Title: ImagePrint RIP with Mac Leopard?
Post by: Kuryan Thomas on October 20, 2007, 08:24:58 am
Not sure if this is the right forum (should it be Image Processing?).

Does anyone have any word on whether ImagePrint 7 (1.0.0.4) works with Leopard? I'd like to consider a move to Leopard, but ImagePrint is an important part of my print workflow.

Thanks.
Title: ImagePrint RIP with Mac Leopard?
Post by: David White on October 20, 2007, 03:45:42 pm
Quote
Does anyone have any word on whether ImagePrint 7 (1.0.0.4) works with Leopard? I'd like to consider a move to Leopard, but ImagePrint is an important part of my print workflow.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147370\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I asked about problems with CS3 and Leopard in the Digital Imaging section and got not responses to that question either.  Maybe nobody here is running on Macs.    

If Schewe were around he could probably answer the question but he is busy elsewhere right now.
Title: ImagePrint RIP with Mac Leopard?
Post by: K.C. on October 20, 2007, 04:21:00 pm
Have you asked ColorByte ?

http://www.colorbytesoftware.com/support.htm#contact (http://www.colorbytesoftware.com/support.htm#contact)
Title: ImagePrint RIP with Mac Leopard?
Post by: Kuryan Thomas on October 23, 2007, 08:50:46 am
Quote
Have you asked ColorByte ?

http://www.colorbytesoftware.com/support.htm#contact (http://www.colorbytesoftware.com/support.htm#contact)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147483\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I did. Of course, I received no response - as is typical for ColorByte Software.
Title: ImagePrint RIP with Mac Leopard?
Post by: Kuryan Thomas on October 23, 2007, 01:00:27 pm
Quote
Have you asked ColorByte ?

http://www.colorbytesoftware.com/support.htm#contact (http://www.colorbytesoftware.com/support.htm#contact)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147483\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I finally did get a response from Daniel Barrett at ColorByte: "All indications with the current release show that 7.0 works fine with Leopard. That said, I still would recommend waiting a week before installing Leopard on an Imageprint system to make sure we have time to address any surprise issues that arise. And, it's likely that after installing Leopard, you would need to re-install ImagePrint, as certain system files we use are overwritten by the OS update."
Title: ImagePrint RIP with Mac Leopard?
Post by: Mike Louw on October 27, 2007, 01:14:07 pm
I did a clean install of Leopard and re-installed IP7. Install went OK, but IP Setup couldn't enable my printer. I got a "Could not connect socket in ip_config" error message. The "Socket Fix" app didn't help.
Title: ImagePrint RIP with Mac Leopard?
Post by: Kuryan Thomas on October 27, 2007, 11:04:14 pm
Quote
I did a clean install of Leopard and re-installed IP7. Install went OK, but IP Setup couldn't enable my printer. I got a "Could not connect socket in ip_config" error message. The "Socket Fix" app didn't help.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149028\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Is your printer supported by Leopard? I don't know if that makes any difference.

I use an Epson 3800. I understand it isn't yet supported by Leopard. Although I've ordered my family pack of Leopard, I think I might hold off on upgrading for a few months.
Title: ImagePrint RIP with Mac Leopard?
Post by: Mike Louw on October 28, 2007, 10:08:52 am
Yes, the R2400 works fine via Photoshop and all other apps, after downloading the Leopard driver from www.epson.com (btw, the 3800 is supported; go to this URL for the driver: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...ortLeopard.jsp) (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportLeopard.jsp)). But I don't think IP7 uses the Epson driver anyway.
Title: ImagePrint RIP with Mac Leopard?
Post by: vandevanterSH on October 28, 2007, 12:56:33 pm
Quote
Yes, the R2400 works fine via Photoshop and all other apps, after downloading the Leopard driver from www.epson.com (btw, the 3800 is supported; go to this URL for the driver: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...ortLeopard.jsp) (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportLeopard.jsp)). But I don't think IP7 uses the Epson driver anyway.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149160\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


After installing Leopard, my 3800 drivers were gone..downloaded the 3800 10.5 drivers and the prints are "way off".  Test prints are too light and colors are not right. This is with Mac Pro-3800 and Epson PLPP paper.  It looks like there is a problem.

Steve
Title: ImagePrint RIP with Mac Leopard?
Post by: vandevanterSH on October 28, 2007, 01:09:46 pm
Colorburst 5.5 RIP locks-up with Leopard.

Steve
Title: ImagePrint RIP with Mac Leopard?
Post by: Christerart on November 01, 2007, 02:00:01 pm
Quote
Not sure if this is the right forum (should it be Image Processing?).

Does anyone have any word on whether ImagePrint 7 (1.0.0.4) works with Leopard? I'd like to consider a move to Leopard, but ImagePrint is an important part of my print workflow.

Thanks.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=147370\")


The response from ColorByte:

See their website [a href=\"http://www.colorbytesoftware.com/;]http://www.colorbytesoftware.com/;[/url] they now have a statement on their
home page.

Please note they are basically saying they will not support - or fix - this issue for anyone with an older version of ImagePrint than version 7...

And that really fries my derriere...

Christer
Title: ImagePrint RIP with Mac Leopard?
Post by: eleanorbrown on November 01, 2007, 03:17:45 pm
I got that information first hand.  I have/had IP 6.1 and it will not be supported in Leopard.  Had to pay and arm and a leg to upgrade to 7.0 for my 7800 and 2400 even tho I don't need any of that new layout stuff in the upgrade.  I really liked the simplicity of version 6.1 and hate to see it go.  It's all I needed.  eleanor

Quote
The response from ColorByte:

See their website http://www.colorbytesoftware.com/; (http://www.colorbytesoftware.com/;) they now have a statement on their
home page.

Please note they are basically saying they will not support - or fix - this issue for anyone with an older version of ImagePrint than version 7...

And that really fries my derriere...

Christer
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150087\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: ImagePrint RIP with Mac Leopard?
Post by: canlogic on November 03, 2007, 02:11:54 pm
There is an update for IP7 now on their website.
Title: ImagePrint RIP with Mac Leopard?
Post by: Christerart on November 04, 2007, 02:03:38 am
Quote
I got that information first hand.  I have/had IP 6.1 and it will not be supported in Leopard.  Had to pay and arm and a leg to upgrade to 7.0 for my 7800 and 2400 even tho I don't need any of that new layout stuff in the upgrade.  I really liked the simplicity of version 6.1 and hate to see it go.  It's all I needed.  eleanor
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150104\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Well, I'll keep Tiger on one of my Macs and run it from there - and I can guarantee you this - I'll never buy another ColorByte product again....


Oh well - you learn from your mistakes...

Christer
Title: ImagePrint RIP with Mac Leopard?
Post by: Christerart on November 04, 2007, 01:32:18 pm
What's upsetting about this is because very probably the code needed for version 7 is probably the same for Version 6 - and should be able to be copied right into version 6 without any hassle at all...

I installed Leopard on my 17" Intel MacBook Pro and am now printing from my 15" Powerbook, using Tiger. So, if you have more than one Mac, instead of feeling you're being forced to upgrade to version 7 - just don't upgrade to Leopard on one and keep that one as a print server...

Christer