Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: vandevanterSH on October 19, 2007, 03:00:11 pm
-
I just got my roll of PLPP today, cut a 38" piece for a Zion panorama and it's down hill since then.
The panos on 17x22 print fine but with my "custom paper" size of 37x16 or even 16x37, I get 8x11" printed in one corner.
I am obviously missing something..could someone give all of the settings for max paper size with the Epson drivers? I am printing out of LR..Is this a problem? I also have CS3.
Thanks in advance:
Steve
-
Sorry for the bump. I have reviewed Eric's FAQ's and his references. I have checked to make sure driver and OS agree on units and have re-re-reviewed my driver settings and still end up with an ~8x11 print in one corner of the paper. I am screwing up somewhere but can't figure it out.
I am trying to print panos using Mac, LR, and 3800 on 16x37" PLPP.
Steved
-
Hmm very strange. Are all custom sizes giving you trouble (e.g., 7" x 13" sheets) or just this particular size?
-
Thanks for responding...I have only tried 16x37 as a custom size...any suggestions for "de-bugging" this problem would be appreciated. Changing variables, the monkey typewriter approach, has not been helpful. Perhaps going through the "pop-ups" and listing what works would be helpful.
Thanks again:
Steve
-
If you have a spare small sheet around, it might be worth checking to see if you can define a smaller custom paper size and getting that to print properly.
Also, which version of the Epson driver do you have installed?
-
If you have a spare small sheet around, it might be worth checking to see if you can define a smaller custom paper size and getting that to print properly.
Also, which version of the Epson driver do you have installed?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147696\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Paper is not a problem :>)...I printed a "custom" 13x16 without a problem. My firmware is o00573; I am not sure how to obtain the print driver version.
Steve
-
I assume you've tried printing the pano from CS3 also, right?
Are you printing over the network or USB?
-
I assume you've tried printing the pano from CS3 also, right?
Are you printing over the network or USB?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147865\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I am using USB. CS3 was my next thing to try but I held off burning another 3' of paper in hopes that I was making an obvious mistake. I shall try CS3.
Steve
-
Same result with CS3. Printed another pano file with same result. The preview shows correct print size. The print is ~28k pixels.
Steve
-
Sorry, I'm at a loss to explain what's going on. I'm on a Windows machine here and haven't run into similar issues printing from LR or PS CS2/CS3. But perhaps there is an issue with the Mac driver or some other interaction. Hopefully some of the other 3800 Mac users reading this can chime in and help you out!
-
Thanks for the help Eric; you are a terrific resource for the 3800 users. Hopefully an Intel-Mac user will chime in.
Steve
-
I downloaded the Colorburst RIP Demo last night and after sorting out a paper feed problem, the panos are printing fine. Hopefully someone will be able to say where my problem with the Mac-LR-3800 is; the Colorburst "fix" is a bit pricey.
Steve
-
Ihad the same problem when setting up a 17x26 sheet. According to Epson this is a problem with the Mac OSX driver and is usually caused by having differences between the system units and the units in photoshop or the custom page set up. But it seems that you have already worked that out.
When I reconciled all of these to read in inches rather than some in inches and others in metric, the problem stopped. I now have custom sheets set up for 17x26 and 17x32. these work fine but I make sure that my image size in photoshop is 16 inches and either 24 or 30 inches -i.e I always leave a border.
Are you sure that the combination of your image size plus margins is not greater than the width of your custom sheet? In the back of my mind is something to the effect that if you send something to the printer that is greater than or even equal to the width of your custom sheet then this A4 problem arises. My only suggestion is to try incrementally to reduce the size of your image and margins to see if this helps.
-
Ihad the same problem when setting up a 17x26 sheet. According to Epson this is a problem with the Mac OSX driver and is usually caused by having differences between the system units and the units in photoshop or the custom page set up. But it seems that you have already worked that out.
When I reconciled all of these to read in inches rather than some in inches and others in metric, the problem stopped. I now have custom sheets set up for 17x26 and 17x32. these work fine but I make sure that my image size in photoshop is 16 inches and either 24 or 30 inches -i.e I always leave a border.
Are you sure that the combination of your image size plus margins is not greater than the width of your custom sheet? In the back of my mind is something to the effect that if you send something to the printer that is greater than or even equal to the width of your custom sheet then this A4 problem arises. My only suggestion is to try incrementally to reduce the size of your image and margins to see if this helps.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148175\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks for the advice...I think image and borders is probably the answer..I have not had the time to test it. I have been playing with the Demo Colorburst RIP; the long pano's are addicting and paper intensive.
Steve