Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: jpgentry on October 19, 2007, 11:55:30 am

Title: Image Change
Post by: jpgentry on October 19, 2007, 11:55:30 am
I shoot RAW.  When I open a RAW file in lightroom I see "File Loading" and then when the histogram pops up the colors and look of the file go from dead to bright colors.  What exactly is happening at that point to change the look of the file?

I know this is a dumb question but I just want to wrap my brain around it...

-Jonathan
Title: Image Change
Post by: jpgentry on October 20, 2007, 01:55:55 pm
Anyone?  Am I the only one who sees this?
Title: Image Change
Post by: Richowens on October 21, 2007, 01:32:39 am
Jonathon,

 Are preset adjustments being applied to the files? I open mine without any adjustments.

  Rich
Title: Image Change
Post by: ajtaylor on October 21, 2007, 03:38:11 pm
What camera?


Is it likely to be something like LR initially showing the embedded preview in the RAW, then processing the file and showing you its own take on it?
Title: Image Change
Post by: jpgentry on October 21, 2007, 10:49:07 pm
I use the 20d and 1dsm2.  Both cameras do this with the raw files.  I click on the picture.  It comes up initially looking lifeless and flat and then right when the histogram loads the image gains stronger colors.

How would I set this to standard?

Quote
What camera?
Is it likely to be something like LR initially showing the embedded preview in the RAW, then processing the file and showing you its own take on it?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147657\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Image Change
Post by: Richowens on October 22, 2007, 12:52:02 am
Jonathon

 Go to edit>preferences>presets and make sure the "Apply auto tone sdjustments" is NOT checked in the Default develope settings area. In this same area you can restore the default settings with the radio button at the bottom.

 HTH

 Rich

 PS.....The only dumb question is the one not asked.