Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: KLSmith on October 18, 2007, 10:44:23 am

Title: Liquid Laminators
Post by: KLSmith on October 18, 2007, 10:44:23 am
Does anyone on this list have any direct experience with Liquid Laminators
for coating canvas? If so, could you please share the good, the bad and the
ugly:-)

I am looking for suggestions as to what machine works--if there is one. The
one machine that has been recommended is the Neschen Accucoat Liquid Giclee
Coater. Any thoughts on this?

TIA

Ken

Kenneth Lane Smith Fine Art Images
http://www.klsimages.com (http://www.klsimages.com)
1-866-211-9799
Title: Liquid Laminators
Post by: Scott Martin on October 18, 2007, 12:19:08 pm
Quote
Does anyone on this list have any direct experience with Liquid Laminators
for coating canvas? If so, could you please share the good, the bad and the
ugly:-)[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=146929\")
Canvas' texture gives you lots of flexibility for coating. You can roll on a coat and rely on the texture to hide any inconsistencies in the coating. An HVLP spray system is a step up from that. A machine that applies the coating is another step up from that. Although I'm not familiar with the machine you mentioned I have seen good results with the Lumina Pro coating machines. FWIW, I have links and comments about this coater and some liquid laminates products in the Fine Art Printing section on my links page at [a href=\"http://www.on-sight.com/links.html]http://www.on-sight.com/links.html[/url]
Title: Liquid Laminators
Post by: KLSmith on October 20, 2007, 11:45:34 am
Scott:

Thanks for the help.

After 3 or 4 days of asking around in numerous locations I am absolutely amazed that there is almost no direct-from-user information out there.

Guess I'll have to be the lab rat again:-)

Thanks

Ken

Kenneth Lane Smith Fine Art Images
http://www.klsimages.com (http://www.klsimages.com)
1-866-211-9799