Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Eurotographer on October 17, 2007, 11:34:59 pm

Title: Mark Tuckers advice
Post by: Eurotographer on October 17, 2007, 11:34:59 pm
Why don't we all make a pact?  Lets commit to taking exactly one week off from spending, not wasting, time on the forums and actually get out and shoot a bit.  Let's go out and test all the gear we've been asking and talking about, then in a week, we can re-convene and talk about our experiences and findings.

Anyone in?
Title: Mark Tuckers advice
Post by: nicolaasdb on October 18, 2007, 12:05:32 am
I have been taking about 2 months off of shooting.....made enough for the year and want to enjoy my newborn (oeps have taken about 1000 images of the little one)....but I don't think I can wait to start shooting again until the newyear...I am itchin all over....thinking of buying some kino flo's to change thngs up a little..anybody anything for or against kino's??
Title: Mark Tuckers advice
Post by: BernardLanguillier on October 18, 2007, 12:39:36 am
Quote
Why don't we all make a pact?  Lets commit to taking exactly one week off from spending, not wasting, time on the forums and actually get out and shoot a bit.  Let's go out and test all the gear we've been asking and talking about, then in a week, we can re-convene and talk about our experiences and findings.

Anyone in?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146805\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well... no... forum time for me is on and off between other tasks, it doesn't relate at all for me to the time I spend shooting.

On the other hand, I don't remember ever deciding not to go shooting because I felt like spending time on a forum... so that I assume I am already playing the game without knowing it.

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Mark Tuckers advice
Post by: Dustbak on October 18, 2007, 02:10:34 am
I basically post either in the morning or evening and most of the time while my images are being processed.

I would have to go back to film if I don't want to spend so much time behind the screen (haven't done film since '98 so these skills might have become somewhat rusty).
Title: Mark Tuckers advice
Post by: KAP on October 18, 2007, 10:57:59 am
Quote
Why don't we all make a pact?  Lets commit to taking exactly one week off from spending, not wasting, time on the forums and actually get out and shoot a bit.  Let's go out and test all the gear we've been asking and talking about, then in a week, we can re-convene and talk about our experiences and findings.

Anyone in?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146805\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Forum time is what you do when the computer is working the images you have shot, for me it is.
I don't have time to test much in the real world. Here I pick up bits and bobs then test something and see if it does what I thought, then I buy it.

Kevin.
Title: Mark Tuckers advice
Post by: francois on October 18, 2007, 11:03:34 am
Quote
Well... no... forum time for me is on and off between other tasks, it doesn't relate at all for me to the time I spend shooting.
.....
Same for me, forum time is when my computer is busy or when my brain needs a break.
Title: Mark Tuckers advice
Post by: blansky on October 18, 2007, 12:02:29 pm
Quote
Why don't we all make a pact?  Lets commit to taking exactly one week off from spending, not wasting, time on the forums and actually get out and shoot a bit.  Let's go out and test all the gear we've been asking and talking about, then in a week, we can re-convene and talk about our experiences and findings.

Anyone in?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146805\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Feel free.

Reading, studying and engaging in discussions on photography IS part of my photography commitment. I certainly don't blow off sittings so I can sit in front of the computer.

See you in a week.


Michael
Title: Mark Tuckers advice
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 18, 2007, 03:28:59 pm
Quote
Why don't we all make a pact?  Lets commit to taking exactly one week off from spending, not wasting, time on the forums and actually get out and shoot a bit.  Let's go out and test all the gear we've been asking and talking about, then in a week, we can re-convene and talk about our experiences and findings.

Anyone in?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146805\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sorry, I don't have time to answer right now. I've got to go out photographing.
Title: Mark Tuckers advice
Post by: jparadise on October 20, 2007, 05:26:54 pm
Quote
I have been taking about 2 months off of shooting.....made enough for the year and want to enjoy my newborn (oeps have taken about 1000 images of the little one)....but I don't think I can wait to start shooting again until the newyear...I am itchin all over....thinking of buying some kino flo's to change thngs up a little..anybody anything for or against kino's??
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146811\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nicolaas -- kino's are great -- remember that you shutter speed will most likely be in the 1/30 sec. range -- the color on the leaf back is fantastic.

Joseph