Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Darrill on October 17, 2007, 02:07:37 pm
-
HP are offering to take my printer away to repair it and provide me with a loan machine for the period when it is being serviced.
I print photographs, low volume, and though it would be nice to have the printer as mine has been out of commission for almost 3 weeks I am wondering if I will spend significant time and money calibrating and profiling the new printer only to get mine back and then have to start again as I assume the calibrations and profiles are all printer specific.
I am also suspicious enogh now of HP to believe that if they cannot solve the problem with my printer that they may try to make me accept the loan printer in exchange. I would be hesitant to do this as I would not know the printer history.
Darrill
-
I would absolutely take them up on the offer to provide you with another printer. And if they can't repair your defective printer and are willing to replace it with a non-defective machine, what's not to like about that?
-
Darrill,
I would assume that you'd have to perform calibration but not have to recreate the profiles.
If your fears materialize you should ask for a new printer as a replacement. You wouldn't accept a used car if your new car were a lemon.