Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: ricgal on October 16, 2007, 01:16:17 pm
-
I have been through nearly an entire pack of Harman FB Gloss and it comes up with 'Calibration failed please try again' right at the end once it has read the patches- Can anyone help please?
-
I'm not much help, as I haven't laid my hands on the paper yet, but it sounds like the same problem the scanner has with glossier canvas. The specular highlights from the reflection off of the canvas freak out the scanner. Is there enough texture with the Harman gloss that this might be the source of the problem? I think smooth glossy surfaces and less glossy textured surfaces are less of a challenge. I thought that this paper was extremely smooth, however, so it may be a different problem entirely.
-Ron H.
PS: What was your experience with linear transport marks on the profile patches?
-
Thank you for your response- you may be right - there is no easy way to say- there are no marks on the surface of the paper from the transport as far as i can see
-
My Z3100 is failing to scan with any paper. Seems a similar error to the one you get. The error comes after the scan and it almost appears that the error is related more to firmware rather then a hardware issue. I have opened a thread on this topic but summarizing HP seem to have no idea how to fix. They have replaced almost every part to no effect and I have reloaded the firmware.
Have you tried any other papers since receiving the error?