Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: David Anderson on October 15, 2007, 09:12:48 pm

Title: Canon 200 F2 L IS
Post by: David Anderson on October 15, 2007, 09:12:48 pm
Nice !

Canon (Australia) just sent out an email about the new 200 F2L Is USM lens -
(there's also a new 800 5.6)

No price on the press release but they say it will be available in march.

I wonder will it be as sharp as the 1.8 ?

Rob Galbraith (http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-8744-9119)
Title: Canon 200 F2 L IS
Post by: Sheldon N on October 15, 2007, 10:22:58 pm
I'd guess that the 200 f/2 L IS will sell for roughly the same or less than the 300 f/2.8 L IS. If that's the case, then it will drastically affect the market for the old 200mm f/1.8 L.

If you own a 200mm f/1.8 L, now's the time to consider selling while they still go for ~$4k. I'd bet that they'll drop a grand in price once the new IS lens is available.
Title: Canon 200 F2 L IS
Post by: Kagetsu on October 15, 2007, 10:23:55 pm
I'm certainly interested in the 200mm prime. It's been a while since the old one was taken off the market, and it's nice to see it coming back.
Title: Canon 200 F2 L IS
Post by: mtomalty on October 15, 2007, 11:10:46 pm
Quote
I wonder will it be as sharp as the 1.8 ?

Until I get my 1.8L sold, I'm sure the new one will be noticeably softer  :>))

Mark