Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: SteveZ on October 15, 2007, 09:16:33 am
-
I made a print using 11 x 17 Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl only discover to what I can only assume are faint "pizza wheels" running top to bottom of the print in the pure black areas. I made another print using Museo Silver Rag and it turned out fine or at least the vertical banding isn't noticeable to my eyes.
First can someone explain why this would happen on one paper and not the other?Secondly, what can be done to eliminate this problem without removing the roller wheels.
-
I made a print using 11 x 17 Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl only discover to what I can only assume are faint "pizza wheels" running top to bottom of the print in the pure black areas. I made another print using Museo Silver Rag and it turned out fine or at least the vertical banding isn't noticeable to my eyes.
First can someone explain why this would happen on one paper and not the other?Secondly, what can be done to eliminate this problem without removing the roller wheels.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=146093\")
Hello,
There's been quite a few forum post on the pizza wheels issue with the 3800. Eric Chan has a workaround on his site.
[a href=\"http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Epson3800/index.html]http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Epson3800/index.html[/url]
best
Wes