Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: claskin on October 13, 2007, 04:39:24 pm
-
Apparently, as of Monday, October 15, 2007, there will be a significant price drop on the new, and yet to ship, Epson printers (the xx80 series). This is in response to the increase in the Canadian vs. the U.S. dollar. I do not know the details but I was told this today by an Epson representative. He also told me the new xx80 series printers will be shipping by the end of this coming week.
Carl
-
Don't know what happened on the priceing but Vistek was at 3495.99 for the 7880 then it dropped to 3195.00 then went back up to 3495.00 again.
-
Thanks, let us know what you find out! I am stilll waiting here in the US, but the border is only 40 miles.
Wish the Canadian $$ was stil at $.63.
Best,
Michael
-
the Epson 7880 is back on the Vistek website at $3049. They are claiming it's on sale with $150 discount. I guess they are trying to get some mileage out of an exchange rate adjustment. Nice try Vistek.
-
Vistek's list prices on the *880 series printers are all well below the msrp listed on the epson.ca web site. The further sale price reductions of $100 to $200 will likely be for a limited time. The msrp on the 3800 has dropped by approx. $180 and is on sale for $1299 CDN. The sale price for the 4880 is $1999, less than the sale price for the 4800. For those with really deep pockets the savings on the 11880 are even greater.
David
-
The new Epson list prices are those on Vistek or Henry's site but without any added discount such as that offered by Vistek. They are still not matching U.S. pricing but the difference may be too small to warrant buying from the states and then shipping to Canada. The 4880 is about $200 Can$ more here in Canada than in the U.S. The Epson site has yet to show the new list prices. Apparently the email arrived at retailers on Tuesday and they are just now changing their pricing.
Carl
-
The 7880 dropped to 3039.00 here in Momtreal yesterday so I put one on order.
-
The 7880 dropped to 3039.00 here in Momtreal yesterday so I put one on order.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147159\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Were you told when to expect delivery?
Carl
-
I was told 2 to 3 weeks.
-
I put a 7880 on order last week from Vistek and I was told today that the printer is shipping on Friday.
-
Shipping to you on friday or shipping to retailers?
-
Vistek's list prices on the *880 series printers are all well below the msrp listed on the epson.ca web site. The further sale price reductions of $100 to $200 will likely be for a limited time. The msrp on the 3800 has dropped by approx. $180 and is on sale for $1299 CDN. The sale price for the 4880 is $1999, less than the sale price for the 4800. For those with really deep pockets the savings on the 11880 are even greater.
David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146740\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Interesting, I was just at Photo Plus East in NYC. B&H was selling the 3800 for 1295 List, but by check-out the actual price would be 1195, so Vistek's sale price is still 100 above B&H's - but this is a reasonable difference considering the different operating scale of retailing in the US versus Canada. I wish Canon would wake up and learn the world has changed recently and review their CAD pricing on high-end cameras and lenses - the differentials range from noticeable to scandalous.
-
I'm assuming that shipping to retailer. I should get mine early next week, delivered to my door (I hope).