Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: darwin36 on October 13, 2007, 09:05:09 am
-
Guys,is thier a good plugin for photoshop thats a good panoramic maker for wide angle work? or free standing program as well? free would be nice
-
The newer versions of Photoshop already have Photomerge built in (under file automate) this does a fair job. Theres alsi Pano sticher a stand alone that works pretty good. That said a really wide angle lens does make it harder for the software to aligh the images due to the distortion at the edges. Wayne
-
pfactory is worth looking at
-
Also take a look at Pano Tools Assembler. Having said that, the capability in CS3 is enough of an improvement over previous versions, that that's what I use.
Note re WA panos, I haven't really stressed CS3 for WA panos to see how it handles parallax, but to the extent you have close foreground content, I wouldn't expect any software to do a truly stellar job of merging - you probably want a dedicated pano head to maximize quality for that.
Here's a link to some mountain panos, mostly hand held, stitched with CS3
http://www.timgrayphotography.com/gallerie...anos/index.html (http://www.timgrayphotography.com/galleries/20070802_sentry_panos/index.html)
-
Guys,is thier a good plugin for photoshop thats a good panoramic maker for wide angle work? or free standing program as well? free would be nice
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145700\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The reference products out there are PTgui and Autopano Pro.
These softwares will only be able to do so much for wide angle images containing a close foreground. The key is to limit parallax by shooting using a panoramic head.
Regards,
Bernard
-
http://www.panoguide.com/howto/ (http://www.panoguide.com/howto/)
This website has a tab that gives reviews of most of the panorama software out there.
The forum is also a great source of wisdom, with so very knowledgeable and helpful people.
I've purchased PTGUI, and had some success with it. The improvements in Photoshop CS3 have also been good.
An accessory such a Nodal Ninja http://www.nodalninja.com/ (http://www.nodalninja.com/) is a big help in eliminating parallax problems with wide lenses.
-
Guys,is thier a good plugin for photoshop thats a good panoramic maker for wide angle work? or free standing program as well? free would be nice
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=145700\")
I use Calico from [a href=\"http://www.kekus.com/]http://www.kekus.com/[/url] (Mac) and it does an amazing job, all for $39usd. It's by far, the best I have seen, period.
As far as photoshop is concerned, it is weak at best. I have yet to produce anything I could be happy with.
I tested the software, before I invested in a pano head, with the following stitch. Olympus E-500, Stock 14-45 on a regular tripod. 5 shots taken landscape, no physical paralax compensation.