Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: foru2 on October 12, 2007, 05:08:45 pm

Title: Protect SLR camera w/ UV built in plastic cover
Post by: foru2 on October 12, 2007, 05:08:45 pm
Hi!
I have a new D slr canon. How do I protect it in outside where sudden splash( fun parks) or rainy day visit to zoo or parks where rain can happen any second?
I have previously once - my camera malfunction due to rain.

I have looked on the web that offers plastic cover with plastic in front of lens too. Does any one sell the plastic cover  with built in front end UV filter attached to the cover that we can screw in front of lens to tightly cover the camera?
If not- I need to use one home made by myself-   Is it a good idea or what?

The one question arises out of that is if I have a canon XTI- & I am using plastic cover around camera but UV lens in front of the slr lens- does it block any of the rays that are emitting from the camera for measurments?