Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: John S C on October 05, 2007, 03:56:14 am
-
Usually if something is to good to be true then it usually is.
I've seen an ad for a gateway 24" LCD monitor here in the UK for only 299 GBP. That's cheap.
It looks like the same model that's on the gateway web site for 575 USD. A 24" monitor for this price looks a bargain but it may be better as a TV monitor than one I can use for lightroom.
Has anyone any experience of these units.
A Dell equivalent is over double this price and is getting to the price bracket I would normally expect to see this size on monitor in
John C
-
Usually if something is to good to be true then it usually is.
I've seen an ad for a gateway 24" LCD monitor here in the UK for only 299 GBP. That's cheap.
It looks like the same model that's on the gateway web site for 575 USD. A 24" monitor for this price looks a bargain but it may be better as a TV monitor than one I can use for lightroom.
Has anyone any experience of these units.
A Dell equivalent is over double this price and is getting to the price bracket I would normally expect to see this size on monitor in
John C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143965\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have had this monitor since July, and found it to very good. I was very surprised at the quality. I tried to find out who the manufacturer was, but nobody could(or woud) give me the info. I do have it profiled using the Monaco OptixPro(printer is also profiled) and have gotten a very good screen to print match. It has contols to adjust brightness and contrast along with controls to adjust(individually) R-G-B. I have found that veiwing programs like LR and PSCS3 makes it very hard to go back to a smaller screen.
-
Usually if something is to good to be true then it usually is.
I've seen an ad for a gateway 24" LCD monitor here in the UK for only 299 GBP. That's cheap.
It looks like the same model that's on the gateway web site for 575 USD. A 24" monitor for this price looks a bargain but it may be better as a TV monitor than one I can use for lightroom.
Has anyone any experience of these units.
A Dell equivalent is over double this price and is getting to the price bracket I would normally expect to see this size on monitor in
John C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143965\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm using this monitor and have been very happy with it. It profiles well enough using the Spyder 2, and color accuracy seems quite good. The only drawback so far is that illumination of the corners doesn't quite match the center of the screen, but this isn't much of an issue because that's where I keep my Photoshop tool palettes. And you sure can't beat the price.
I have no doubt that a high-end monitor from Eizo or Apple will be more accurate in color and luminance. But I think this is one of those cases where you can spend two or three times as much money chasing that last 5% of performance, and for me that wouldn't be worth it.
-
Usually if something is to good to be true then it usually is.
I've seen an ad for a gateway 24" LCD monitor here in the UK for only 299 GBP. That's cheap.
It looks like the same model that's on the gateway web site for 575 USD. A 24" monitor for this price looks a bargain but it may be better as a TV monitor than one I can use for lightroom.
Has anyone any experience of these units.
A Dell equivalent is over double this price and is getting to the price bracket I would normally expect to see this size on monitor in
John C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143965\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144178\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I am interested in buying one of these. Would you let me know who sells them in the UK. Alan
-
I am interested in buying one of these. Would you let me know who sells them in the UK. Alan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144179\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Alan
Don't laugh, I saw this monitor on the TESCO ( yes Tesco).com web site. It has been out of stock but I understand it's now back
Cheers
John C
-
Alan
Don't laugh, I saw this monitor on the TESCO ( yes Tesco).com web site. It has been out of stock but I understand it's now back
Cheers
John C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145899\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Many thanks, John. I will have a look at it.
Alan