Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Jim Cole on October 04, 2007, 04:41:11 pm
-
A question for all you longtime APS users.
If I print the TC9.18 target using V2 and V4, are they the same?
In other words, I printed the target on my Z3100 with my new software using the default version V2 and then realized I wanted to use version V4. Can I read the target with the V4 option chosen, or do I need to reprint the target under V4?
Thanks,
Jim Cole
www.jimcolephoto.com
-
Jim,
If you saved your measurement data you can easily create a V4 profile in APS without having to print again. I've done this.
If you saved the print of the TC9.18 target you should be able to scan it again (I think) and specify that you want to create a V4 profile.
-
Thanks, Ron,
I saved the printed target and re-scanned it to create a V4 profile. I just wasn't sure the printed target was valid since it was created under V2.
If I understand correctly the printed target is the same regardless of the version it was created under. It is only the interpretation of the target that differs between V2 and V4.
Is this correct?
Thanks again,
Jim
-
Thanks, Ron,
I saved the printed target and re-scanned it to create a V4 profile. I just wasn't sure the printed target was valid since it was created under V2.
If I understand correctly the printed target is the same regardless of the version it was created under. It is only the interpretation of the target that differs between V2 and V4.
Is this correct?
Thanks again,
Jim
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143916\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, that's my understanding. Neil or one of our other experts here can confirm that and probably add detail as to the differences between the two standards. This was discussed to some degree in another thread here but I don't recall the details right now.
-
Yes, that's my understanding. Neil or one of our other experts here can confirm that and probably add detail as to the differences between the two standards. This was discussed to some degree in another thread here but I don't recall the details right now.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143931\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The measured chart can be reused to calculate another profile both V2.1 or V4. The differences are in the tags, and reference requirement definitions for the more recent profiles. Inside any recent Adobe application there will be no problems , yet some apps such as Quark you may have strange results if not crashes when using a V4 profile. For photo repro there would be really little if any difference with straight forward workflows. Where it would be better to use V4 is in cross proofing, soft proofing and repurposing of images.
-
Thanks Neil.
You're expertise is always appreciated.
Jim