Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Roscolo on October 04, 2007, 04:19:16 pm

Title: Framing / Matting - Source for Large Mattes
Post by: Roscolo on October 04, 2007, 04:19:16 pm
Any ideas on where to get oversize matte board? All I see online is up to 32x40in and that's the size I'm printing. I'm near Atlanta.
Title: Framing / Matting - Source for Large Mattes
Post by: madmanchan on October 05, 2007, 07:03:37 am
Try Talas: http://talasonline.com/ (http://talasonline.com/)

They carry the good stuff ...
Title: Framing / Matting - Source for Large Mattes
Post by: framah on October 05, 2007, 02:20:48 pm
Mat  boards come 32x40,  40x60, and  a few  48x72 and then 48x96 and 60x102.

The larger the size, the fewer choices in color. Thereare still quite a few colors available in the 40x60 size.

check out a local framer andsee if they can help.
Title: Framing / Matting - Source for Large Mattes
Post by: mballent on October 05, 2007, 03:40:08 pm
Quote
Mat  boards come 32x40,  40x60, and  a few  48x72 and then 48x96 and 60x102.

The larger the size, the fewer choices in color. Thereare still quite a few colors available in the 40x60 size.

check out a local framer andsee if they can help.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144063\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I can only imaging the shipping charges for a 60"x102" sheet   much less trying to man-handle it in to starting to work on making the mat.  

Ah the price we pay to print big  
Title: Framing / Matting - Source for Large Mattes
Post by: framah on October 06, 2007, 12:37:24 pm
Luckily for me, my supplier delivers. The 60x102 sheet is basically raw from the press and also must be squared up before you can even think about cutting a mat from it.  That's where the old 3-4-5 triangle comes in handy to square up the corners. The largest mat I have cut was 50x72 and took me almost an hour from start to finish.
Not for the weak hearted!!
Title: Framing / Matting - Source for Large Mattes
Post by: fdi on October 09, 2007, 06:25:55 pm
Quote
Any ideas on where to get oversize matte board? All I see online is up to 32x40in and that's the size I'm printing. I'm near Atlanta.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=143871\")

You won’t want to ship that since the base oversize fee alone will be at least $40. Atlanta will have a number of distributors. If you have a tax ID you can get an account, except for Larson unless you also have a retail front. If not, check with a local custom framer and see if they can buy it for you for a reasonable markup for their time.

Cheers, Mark
[a href=\"http://www.framedestination.com]Picture Frames Destination, Inc.[/url]
Title: Framing / Matting - Source for Large Mattes
Post by: sojournerphoto on October 11, 2007, 04:36:46 pm
Quote
Luckily for me, my supplier delivers. The 60x102 sheet is basically raw from the press and also must be squared up before you can even think about cutting a mat from it.  That's where the old 3-4-5 triangle comes in handy to square up the corners. The largest mat I have cut was 50x72 and took me almost an hour from start to finish.
Not for the weak hearted!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144237\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've been looking for some 72 board for a panoramic shot. Needing a (north) UK supplier if anyone knows any?

Mike
Title: Framing / Matting - Source for Large Mattes
Post by: lester2705 on November 19, 2007, 07:05:30 pm
Quote
I've been looking for some 72 board for a panoramic shot. Needing a (north) UK supplier if anyone knows any?

Mike
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=145381\")



Try Arquadia in the UK....a very good supplier for mountboard and oversized mountboard:

[a href=\"http://www.arquadia.co.uk/commerceportal/default.asp?PageNo=DEFAULT]http://www.arquadia.co.uk/commerceportal/d...?PageNo=DEFAULT[/url]