Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: 61Dynamic on October 04, 2007, 12:39:54 pm

Title: Toys Manufacture in China
Post by: 61Dynamic on October 04, 2007, 12:39:54 pm
I came across a blog showing off 25 images from a Chinese toy manufacture. The images are worth looking at and are obviously professionally done. The site does not give any credit nor does it mention where the images came from. It seems, given the image shack links the images are stolen from another source.

Can anyone identify who shot them?

http://www.mazm.com/2007/09/19/38.toys-man...na-25-pics.html (http://www.mazm.com/2007/09/19/38.toys-manufacture-in-china-25-pics.html)
Title: Toys Manufacture in China
Post by: mahleu on October 04, 2007, 12:50:01 pm
Mark Henley/Panos Pictures I think. Or at least he did quite a large shoot along the same lines.
Title: Toys Manufacture in China
Post by: 61Dynamic on October 04, 2007, 05:17:15 pm
I found the source for the images. They are by Michael Wolf and the series is titled "The Real Toy Story."

http://www.photomichaelwolf.com/the_real_t...tory/index.html (http://www.photomichaelwolf.com/the_real_toy_story/index.html)

As I suspected, the other site was simply ripping off a photographer.
Title: Toys Manufacture in China
Post by: Monito on October 05, 2007, 12:47:55 pm
The site is being hosted in Texas and thus the photographer is afforded the protection of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.

http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=...k&host=mazm.com (http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=network&host=mazm.com)