Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: rbayle on October 04, 2007, 12:01:18 pm

Title: new website...
Post by: rbayle on October 04, 2007, 12:01:18 pm
hello,

our new website is finished.
take a look!
comments are welcome

thank you romain

romain bayle pictures (http://www.romainbayle.com)
Title: new website...
Post by: sinc on October 17, 2007, 01:21:28 pm
Your website is fabulous. I love it. Your photography is great.

Best of luck to you. You deserve it.



The only thing you might consider for the website is usability. I found the slider at the bottom of the browser a convenient way to see your photographs. Quite unique but very usable. But I'm a sophisticated Web user. I wonder if novice users will think the photos in view are the only ones and not think to use the slider at the bottom of the browser to see the photos out of view? I don't have an answer to this question, but it's a question for which you need an answer.
Title: new website...
Post by: rbayle on October 18, 2007, 06:36:08 pm
Quote
Your website is fabulous. I love it. Your photography is great.

Best of luck to you. You deserve it.
The only thing you might consider for the website is usability. I found the slider at the bottom of the browser a convenient way to see your photographs. Quite unique but very usable. But I'm a sophisticated Web user. I wonder if novice users will think the photos in view are the only ones and not think to use the slider at the bottom of the browser to see the photos out of view? I don't have an answer to this question, but it's a question for which you need an answer.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146667\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


thank you
good point!

romain
Title: new website...
Post by: Thomas Krüger on October 19, 2007, 12:58:00 am
Looks good.

I would say the same thing about the slider. Evrium has a module for a Flash gallery in a similar style, works very nice. On the other side your user must have Flash installed:
http://www.evrium.com/demo/fg2b/ (http://www.evrium.com/demo/fg2b/)

And I would include a contact form for sending messages and not a link to the installed mailer.
Title: new website...
Post by: rbayle on October 19, 2007, 11:44:35 am
Quote
Looks good.

I would say the same thing about the slider. Evrium has a module for a Flash gallery in a similar style, works very nice. On the other side your user must have Flash installed:
http://www.evrium.com/demo/fg2b/ (http://www.evrium.com/demo/fg2b/)

And I would include a contact form for sending messages and not a link to the installed mailer.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147109\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


thanks for the link, very nice site...
I'm not very good at web stuff, so flash looks too "complex" for what I want.