Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: gbarnett on October 04, 2007, 09:17:49 am
-
After much silent reading on this forum I have finally made the decision to go with the Z3100 44" and am now looking for some recommendations on where to make my purchase. I know there was a thread a while ago that mentioned All Square Technologies; DTG; and New Egg, but I wanted to see if there were other recommendations. I live right outside of Washington DC.
Thanks,
Glenn
-
I bought my last z3100 from Proimagingsupplies.com but I will never buy from them again (when I posted my reasons why here a while ago they threatened a lawsuit). If buying today I would get one from Provantage.com, where I bought my first z3100, but there are lots of great dealers around online.
Tim Ernst in Arkansas
http://www.Cloudland.net (http://www.Cloudland.net)
-
After much silent reading on this forum I have finally made the decision to go with the Z3100 44" and am now looking for some recommendations on where to make my purchase. I know there was a thread a while ago that mentioned All Square Technologies; DTG; and New Egg, but I wanted to see if there were other recommendations. I live right outside of Washington DC.
Thanks,
Glenn
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143793\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I bought my Z3100 from DTG and was very satisfied. They also spent a long time on the phone with me chatting about RIPs, media, and color management all of which they seem knowledgeable about (of course, that just means they know more than I do...). Anyway, I have bought from them since and would do so again.
Taylor
-
Dealers with a good reputation on the iPF Printer Wiki include itsupplies.com and colorhq.com
Both carry the Z3100 44 inch printers.
--John
-
Buy local. HP has a dealer finder on their web site. When you buy local, you're helping to support the people and businesses in your area whose livelihood depends on selling these products. Part of the money you spend on this one product then goes back into the local economy in the form of rent, groceries, etc.
I don't know if the prices on the Z series have softened any, but when I bought my 3100 there wasn't much difference between the online merchants and the brick-and-mortar ones, making it even easier.
-
Thanks for the suggestions!
Glenn
-
When buying this printer, is it worthwhile buying the HP-packaged RIP for an extra $1,000?
JC
-
When buying this printer, is it worthwhile buying the HP-packaged RIP for an extra $1,000?
JC
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143935\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think the PS rip is great for large multi post and platform user groups but is not at all needed for an individual user.
I do recommend buying from a local dealer, as they always have connections to the latest fixes and info that you will never receive from an internet retailer.
One shop I like a lot is mac business solutions, in particular Eric Bullock whom I've known via different projects for many years. here's their site: www.mbsdirect.com
I would call them and others suggested here before buying off an internet site.
-
imaging spectrum in dallas texas is great on price, supplies, and service! got mine there
-
imaging spectrum in dallas texas is great on price, supplies, and service! got mine there
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144048\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'd like to buy the 24" z3100 locally, but honest-to-God, the HP dealer-listing is impossible to use -- it lists every store that deals in HP products, and since I live in a large city, I'm getting everything all the way down to Office Max. No way to tell who carries what...Google doesn't work either; nothing specific enough. HP should fix this. May go to New Egg...
JC
-
I'd like to buy the 24" z3100 locally, but honest-to-God, the HP dealer-listing is impossible to use -- it lists every store that deals in HP products, and since I live in a large city, I'm getting everything all the way down to Office Max. No way to tell who carries what...Google doesn't work either; nothing specific enough. HP should fix this. May go to New Egg...
JC
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144721\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I ordered mine from ITSupplies, they were great and I had it in 3 days!
-Josef
-
At the risk of getting flamed, I will mention that we are an HP Platinum reseller. We are in Gaithersburg, MD, right off I-270.
We ship these things all over the place, and offer installation and training as well. We're also one of the only places to come and actually SEE the printer and get a test print made of YOUR file.
Give us a call or stop by...always happy to talk printers!
Cheers,
Eric Bullock
Mac Business Solutions
301.330.4074
www.mbsdirect.com (http://www.mbsdirect.com)