Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: jpgentry on October 04, 2007, 09:11:51 am

Title: Stacking the best way?
Post by: jpgentry on October 04, 2007, 09:11:51 am
I shoot alot of different types of shots.  Some are important to me personally and I want to see them, others are for a job (like a wedding) and they are important only while I am working on the job.

I wanted to use stacking to hide jobs into one stack.  For example I would stack an entire wedding into one stack so when I look through my pictures from 2007 I only see one shot of the wedding stacked.

Is there another good way to hide groups of images so that when I scroll through all my 2007 shots only those that are important to me show up?  Maybe a solution other than stacking?

-Jonathan
Title: Stacking the best way?
Post by: madmanchan on October 04, 2007, 10:17:14 am
I think keywords and collections are preferable tools to organize images this way. For example, make a collection called Weddings. Then inside that, you have child collections. Each child collection corresponds to a single wedding. So if you want to find all the weddings for 2007, you just click on  the Weddings collection in the list of collections, then go to Find and restrict your viewing to "this year" (i.e., 2007). Voila -- only the wedding images from 2007 show up. And if you're interested in just seeing the images from a particular wedding, click on the specific child collection.
Title: Stacking the best way?
Post by: julian_love on October 04, 2007, 10:59:16 am
Yes, use collections - much more useful than stacks for what you are trying to do.

Julian
Title: Stacking the best way?
Post by: jpgentry on October 20, 2007, 01:57:44 pm
Thanks for the info on collections.  I will look into this method.

Is there a filter where I can view only the stacked photos?  I would like to remove all the stacks I've created and can't seem to find all of them...
Title: Stacking the best way?
Post by: Martin Ocando on October 22, 2007, 10:46:11 am
Select ALL your files, and right click, then stack, then remove all stacks.


Quote
Thanks for the info on collections.  I will look into this method.

Is there a filter where I can view only the stacked photos?  I would like to remove all the stacks I've created and can't seem to find all of them...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147462\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]