Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: nik on October 02, 2007, 07:24:05 pm
-
I shoot a combination of RAW and film and use LR to manage and make quick web galleries for clients. I'm not that happy though with the saturation of the colors in the web gallery when viewed via a browser (firefox, safari seems better - it understands profiles, right?). Looking at forum users websites (via firefox) I notice that most have awesome, vibrant color which 'pops'. My images look good when viewing in LR but once I make a web gallery they are dull / flat.
I am saving them with 100 quality level during the web gallery creation. My colorspace across all CS3 apps is AdobeRGB, my monitor is calibrated with an i1, on a mac (no silly comments please).
I'm at a loss regarding how LR handles conversions from AdobeRGB and other colorspaces to sRGB for JPG creation and if I can vary this. ( I assume this IS what it's doing.)
What am I doing wrong? How to I get my JPG's to look almost as good as my PSD's, TIFFs and RAW files? Help appreciated.
Regards,
Nik
-
What am I doing wrong? How to I get my JPG's to look almost as good as my PSD's, TIFFs and RAW files? Help appreciated.
Your web jpeg should not be exported as AdobeRGB as most browsers are not color managed & cannot display argb correctly (Safari is capable) Use srgb & you should be seeing better color.
-
Ok, HOW do I do this within LR?
Your web jpeg should not be exported as AdobeRGB as most browsers are not color managed & cannot display argb correctly (Safari is capable) Use srgb & you should be seeing better color.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143502\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Thats simple, when export dialog box opens in library module set the Image settings "color space"to sRGB, now restart LR & then export web gallery, it should default export now to sRGB.
Mine is set to sRGB & I dont use web gallery yet but I tried an web gallery export & I don't see any such problem.
-
Is LR building the web galleries for you? If it is, it automatically converts your files to sRGB.
If you're exporting the images from LR and using another tool to build the galleries, that's where you have to choose sRGB, in the Export dialog.
-
Lightroom's conversion to sRGB wasn't the offender really, my lack of understanding was.
You are right Tomrock, Lightroom ALWAYS converts to sRGB when making a web gallery.
Lastly, setting the Image parameters and colorspace in the File>Export...Image Settings dialog box has nothing to do with how images will be processed during the lightroom web gallery build.
Problem is solved.
-N
Is LR building the web galleries for you? If it is, it automatically converts your files to sRGB.
If you're exporting the images from LR and using another tool to build the galleries, that's where you have to choose sRGB, in the Export dialog.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143648\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]