Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: RogerW on October 02, 2007, 03:53:00 pm

Title: Changing the Black on an Epson R2400
Post by: RogerW on October 02, 2007, 03:53:00 pm
Could someone please advice me on the practicalities of swapping the mat and photo blacks on the Epson R2400?  In particular, what steps are needed to protect the cartridge when it is removed because of a change in media even while it still has ink remaining.
Title: Changing the Black on an Epson R2400
Post by: Richowens on October 02, 2007, 04:27:43 pm
Roger,

 I just wrap the open cartridge in a paper towel and slip it into a ziplock baggie. If you wish you can put a piece of scoth tape over the open port to cap it, just be sure to remove it before reinstalling.

 I seldom print with Photo black and have used the same cartridge for about a year now, just reinstall and print with no problems.

 HTH

 Rich
Title: Changing the Black on an Epson R2400
Post by: Paul Sumi on October 02, 2007, 06:42:13 pm
I basically do the same thing and also store the black cartridge not being used in a ziplock baggie. I shake the cartridge (still in baggie) before I swap blacks.

Paul
Title: Changing the Black on an Epson R2400
Post by: RogerW on October 03, 2007, 04:52:38 am
Thank you - I'll give it a try.
Title: Changing the Black on an Epson R2400
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 03, 2007, 10:12:44 am
I do exactly what Paul suggested on my 2200. I have gone for six months or more without using the photo black, and with a few shakes (still in the ziplock bag), it starts right up with no clogging or skips.
Title: Changing the Black on an Epson R2400
Post by: francois on October 03, 2007, 01:59:45 pm
Quote
I do exactly what Paul suggested on my 2200. I have gone for six months or more without using the photo black, and with a few shakes (still in the ziplock bag), it starts right up with no clogging or skips.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143582\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I tried with a 2.5 years open cartridge (photo black) without even thinking that it could be OK and it worked perfectly. I kept it in a ziplock and gave it a shake before installation.