Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Kalin Wilson on October 01, 2007, 09:08:50 pm
-
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I didn't see any threads on this.
When I'm adjusting an image in the develop module, LR seems to refresh the display or something else every 5 secs or so. If I have my cursor on a control adjusting a slider, the slider value resets to the before-moved value when the refresh finishes. So I basically have to move a slider and release it before the refresh or lose the setting.
This is really annoying! I started noticing this after upgrading to 1.2.
Has anyone else noticed this? If it's a known problem, is there a workaround?
Thanks!
Kalin
-
Mine doesn't do that. Wayne
-
Mine doesn't do that. Wayne
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143310\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
A wild guess
Do you have checked " automatically write changes to XMP" in preferences if so un check it & see if that helps.
-
A wild guess
Do you have checked " automatically write changes to XMP" in preferences if so un check it & see if that helps.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143325\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I did have 'write changes to XMP' on. I've turned it off. I'll see if that was the problem. Thanks. I think I turned it on when I nearly lost my catalog in an attempt to preserve develop adjustments if the catalog went. I hadn't used that feature before.
Thanks again!
-
Enabling Automatically Write Changes to XMP will immediately save out the changes following every operation to a file. For this reason, it presents a huge bottleneck in the workflow.
Instead, when I am done editing a set of files within a folder, collection, whatever.. I Select All and Save the metadata changes. This is very fast.
Also, I work with DNG files, so the metadata is stored within the files themselves.