Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: marcgoldring on September 30, 2007, 09:22:37 pm

Title: Back up folder - how to change location
Post by: marcgoldring on September 30, 2007, 09:22:37 pm
For some reason, my catalog backups are not where I thought I put 'em. In other words, I had it set to backup to D: and it was for a while and now it's backing up to C:\my documents. I must have fiddled with something but I can't for the life of my find where to change it back. I did it once, I know it can be done... Thanks in advance!!

Marco
Title: Back up folder - how to change location
Post by: Richowens on September 30, 2007, 10:01:36 pm
Marco,

 File>catalog settings>general tab.  Choose when to backup as one time only next time LR starts. Click OK to close dialogue, close LR.

 Launch LR and when the backup dialogue comes up choose your location for the backup.

 Rich

PS.....be sure to go back to catalogue settings and reset your desired frequency for backups. When you do a "one time only" it reverts to never.
Title: Back up folder - how to change location
Post by: marcgoldring on October 01, 2007, 11:14:21 am
Thanks, Rich!

I'm going to pretend that this is a logical and intuitive set-up... Life is short.

Marco
Title: Back up folder - how to change location
Post by: Nat Coalson on October 01, 2007, 11:35:51 am
And don't forget that Backup settings are Catalog-specific; if you ever work from multiple databases you need to check the settings for each...
Title: Back up folder - how to change location
Post by: ranjans on October 01, 2007, 12:03:48 pm
Quote
And don't forget that Backup settings are Catalog-specific; if you ever work from multiple databases you need to check the settings for each...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143160\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh I didn't know that  thanks for telling, need to be more careful.