Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: haddadlf on September 30, 2007, 07:36:54 pm
-
Hi there,
I am having the worst time printing from LR. I do understand that I should have either the printer or LR perform the color profiling, I have tried every conceivable permutation and I am still coming up with horrible pictures. In the printer dialog, I put the color management to manual and "allow icm" in the hope that LR will perform the color profiling. Now, for the life of me I can not add new profiles to the list in LR, I was under the impression that all I had to do is "install" a profile in windows, or place the profile in the windows/system32/spool/color folder for LR to see it, but no dice, I can not see an option in LR to load a certain color profile, that is becoming very frustrating. Qimage does a very decent job, but I will have to buy the studio edition to print from RAW files. I use LR almost exclusively, and I really don't want to start exporting all these files every time I want to print. Any ideas or help on how to load profiles and have LR recognize them?
Thanks
-
Hi there,
I am having the worst time printing from LR. I do understand that I should have either the printer or LR perform the color profiling, I have tried every conceivable permutation and I am still coming up with horrible pictures. In the printer dialog, I put the color management to manual and "allow icm" in the hope that LR will perform the color profiling. Now, for the life of me I can not add new profiles to the list in LR, I was under the impression that all I had to do is "install" a profile in windows, or place the profile in the windows/system32/spool/color folder for LR to see it, but no dice, I can not see an option in LR to load a certain color profile, that is becoming very frustrating. Qimage does a very decent job, but I will have to buy the studio edition to print from RAW files. I use LR almost exclusively, and I really don't want to start exporting all these files every time I want to print. Any ideas or help on how to load profiles and have LR recognize them?
Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143018\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
When you do the Lightroom colour management there is drop down for 'let printer manage colours' or other. If you click other it allows you to add profiles from a dialogue box - you need to tick (check) the boxes on the left of the profiles you use.
Mike.