Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Jann Lipka on September 30, 2007, 05:04:57 am

Title: P45+ pixel count / 7230 or 7240 ?
Post by: Jann Lipka on September 30, 2007, 05:04:57 am
I'm probably doing something stupid but:
When I process all pixels in Capture 3.7 what I get from P45+
is 5428x7230 pixels.

Doing the same from ACR4.2 gives me 5433x7240 .
PIA when trying to align those 2 versions ...
Any Clues ?
Title: P45+ pixel count / 7230 or 7240 ?
Post by: Jann Lipka on September 30, 2007, 05:07:50 am
From What I see ACR 4.2 recovers some more pixels at the edges of the sensor ...
Title: P45+ pixel count / 7230 or 7240 ?
Post by: TechTalk on September 30, 2007, 01:06:00 pm
Quote
I'm probably doing something stupid but:
When I process all pixels in Capture 3.7 what I get from P45+
is 5428x7230 pixels.

Doing the same from ACR4.2 gives me 5433x7240 .
PIA when trying to align those 2 versions ...
Any Clues ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142867\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The Kodak specification for this sensor is 5412 x 7216 "active pixels". The active pixels are intended for imaging.

There are additional rows of light sensitive pixels that are not intended for imaging called "active buffer pixels". It appears that some of those may be getting recorded in the RAW file.