Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mary K on September 28, 2007, 10:31:59 am
-
I recently upgraded to Photoshop CS3, and when I print an image I get the following message:
Some PostScript specific settings (Interpolation, Calibration,
Encoding) will be ignored since you are printing to a non-
PostScript printer.
I never saw this message with CS2 -- Can anyone enlighten me about the message and it's implications in regards to printing with the Epson 2200 and HP Z3100. I am running a PC with Windows XP Home.
Thanks, Mary
-
Don't worry about the message. With the 2200 and Z3100, printing from Photoshop, you will have no need for those functions. The print drivers handle most of the functions. More important is the way you have color management/handling set up. Print as you always would.
-
Thanks for the quick response. My prints look okay, but I feel better knowing that I don't have to worry about this.
-
This is simply telling you that the Printer driver you are using is not a postscript driver. In PS this is usually not a big deal, since PS is mainly a raster based application. However when working in Illustrator, your data will be rasterized before being printed. With a true postscript RIP/Driver you would be able to send native Post script data which would then be printed. With a post script device you'll see sharper text usually, as well as improvements in gradients and transparencies. CS2 worked the same way. This message goes away when you click "don't show again"...you may have done that in CS2.
Julian Mussi
Spectraflow