Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: dudewad1 on September 25, 2007, 01:04:23 pm

Title: Sony DSC-R1: left edge blurry
Post by: dudewad1 on September 25, 2007, 01:04:23 pm
Hi all,

I've been shooting with a Sony DSC-R1 for a little over a year now.  I had taken some pictures of the Grand Tetons recently and noticed that many pictures were extremely unsharp on the left edge of the frame.  Not all shots, though.  So I then went through previous shoots and noticed very slight blurring on some shots, but again not all.  This Grand Teton shoot was by far the most extreme example.  I spoked with a friend who also has an R1 and, upon examining some recent shots, he noticed the blurring as well.  Has anyone else noticed a lack of sharpness on the left edge of the frame with an R1, or anywhere else for that matter?  See the attached example.

[edit] - my attachment is not showing up.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Thanks,
Greg
Title: Sony DSC-R1: left edge blurry
Post by: Tim Gray on September 25, 2007, 07:25:11 pm
Mine seems OK.
Title: Sony DSC-R1: left edge blurry
Post by: Dan Kanagy on September 27, 2007, 04:36:55 pm
This has been discussed extensively in the past in Sony Talk at dpreview.com. It seems that some lots of the R1 have this issue and others don't. I had the same issue with one R1 but caught it early enough that I was able to exchange it for another. The replacement is fine.